No Smoking-I would have booked Elsewhere!

celinaosu

To the people who are moralizing...it is an opinion. Just like you relax on vacation, I should get to, too. I don't tell ugly people to cover up, but I don't want to look at them in bathing suits, but they still have a right to the pool and beach.

Your "right" to relax ends when it involves using a toxic substance in an area where it ruins other passenger's "right" to relax on their vacation. Celebrity has designated areas where smokers can get their fix in areas where non-smokers can easily avoid and not be exposed to the dangers and upleasantness associated with smoking.

To the people who are moralizing...it is an opinion. Just like you relax on vacation, I should get to, too. I don't tell ugly people to cover up, but I don't want to look at them in bathing suits, but they still have a right to the pool and beach.

The smoking policy on Celebrity, will keep me from booking a cruise with them again, and I would have cancelled as soon as the change to effect, with or without penalty. Unfortunately, the masses that are so liberal on some issues, change their tune on smoking.

Good luck on taking and enjoying your cruise.

You should be able to relax while on your vacation which means you have the responsibility to book a vacation that suits your needs. You did not in this case and by your own admission booked the cruise five months after Celebrity's policy was announced. Again, I am making no comments on smoking but the fact that you booked the wrong cruise line for your needs.

I still think in an open air location the five minutes of a smell is not that big of a deal. Others can disagree.

Of course it isn't a big deal to you YOU want to do it. fortunately it is a big deal to Celebrity and that is ALL that counts.

when did you learn of this problem? you say you booked in Sept. when is your cruise? why didn't you cancel and rebook with someone else as soon as you learned this? and why bother to come on here and gripe about it when you know full well you are going to hear from the side if FULL support of the new rules.

If you are not at penalty period yet then cancel your cruise and rebook it with someone who has not yet seen the light.

Archived