Chair hogs: Fact or fiction?

Tapi

Am I the only person around that's old enough to remember that back in the 70's, cruise lines assigned deck chairs by CABIN... when I was a kid and cruised with my parents, you had to reserve them like you would an excursion... we only got 4 for our family of 5 ... maximum of 2 per cabin, no exceptions...(and I was the youngest... so guess who lost out :rolleyes:), and that's it... those were your chairs for the WEEK... didn't like where they were... too bad.

But it was great... if it didn't have your name on it, YOU DIDN'T SIT IN IT!

I'd love to see the arguements if that were the case now!

PLEASE!!! Tell me your ways! I've been trying to figure this out, what's the secret? I heard that they really go through your stuff at the gate.

Well, I buy a few of the little bottles, like airplane size stuff. I like the Kahlua drinks... I mix them in a huge insulated mug with ice cream, ice, and coffee... mmmm yummy. They sell the Kahlua Mudslides at Walmart in six packs....

The little bottles of spiced rum used to go really well with the free fruit punch, but Carnival caught me once, and now no Carnival ship has free fruit punch. (seemed really harsh to take away everyones fruit punch because I was spiking mine with liquor I snuck aboard, but that is how it goes sometimes...)

Anyway you place the bottles in your luggage at the ship, not carry on. I usually tip about $5 per bag...No one spends anytime with those bags... they are in a real hurry to get them to your room. You are allowed 1 bottle per anyway, so you are not really breaking the rules...

I have never been checked, and I have never heard of anyone (going onto a Carnival ship, and doing what I said) being denied...

If we can't find 2 chairs "together"........we move 2 chairs together:D

We'll have to agree to disagree, but seriously, we couldn't find chairs. What I meant by together was not on opposite ends of the ship (don't know about you, but I don't want to lug a chair all the way from the center of the ship to the forward, windy, no waiters deck). I always used to think that people complaining about the chair hogs were exagerating.

Chair Hogs Beware. I go on Freedom this Saturday, I am an early riser. I will do Carnivals job for them. Just for kicks, and I will report back after cruise how many towels, etc I pick up and turn in to lost and found. Give me something to do while the wife sleeps late. Will take pics of what I turn in for all you chair hog lovers. :D:D:D:D

If more people would do this it'd put a dent in the problem. Get a tshirt made up with UN looking letters CHAIR HOG ENFORCER: BEWARE

Uh oh did we break a rule? :eek:

If the Cruise Critic police is as effective as the chair hog police, you have nothing to worry about! ;)

Royal Caribbean has a deck patrol. They tag your chair with the time you left it...if you don't come back within 30 minutes to an hour, they bag your things. We could always find a chair. Does Carnival not do this?

Which RCCI ship were you on?

Am I the only person around that's old enough to remember that back in the 70's, cruise lines assigned deck chairs by CABIN... when I was a kid and cruised with my parents, you had to reserve them like you would an excursion... we only got 4 for our family of 5 ... maximum of 2 per cabin, no exceptions...(and I was the youngest... so guess who lost out :rolleyes:), and that's it... those were your chairs for the WEEK... didn't like where they were... too bad.

But it was great... if it didn't have your name on it, YOU DIDN'T SIT IN IT!

I'd love to see the arguements if that were the case now!

Oh yes the good old days! They use to ask us if we would like Sunny or Shaded chairs....

Royal Caribbean has a deck patrol. They tag your chair with the time you left it...if you don't come back within 30 minutes to an hour, they bag your things. We could always find a chair. Does Carnival not do this?

I read the same thing on a Mariner review yesterday. I was unaware that they had deck patrol. Awesome. I know Princess has youth security......Carnival has signs:p I will be happy to check this out on the Mariner in a few weeks:)

My folks and I were on a 5-day out of Jax a couple of years back and we get on the Lido and there is this woman duct-tapping laminated signs to certain chairs around the pool. Mind you, it's February and not exactly swimming weather. So out of curiousity, I ask this woman rather politely what it is she's doing. She informs me she's reserving her family's chairs for the cruise. I admit it, I laughed. She gave me a cock-eyed look and said made a comment to the effect of "what are you gonna do about it?" and then called me a "pushy Yankee" and didn't I know this was how things worked and a whole lot of other stuff. I had only laughed, hadn't said a word and her diatribe merely made me laugh harder. That, and the fact that one of the Carnival hospitality folks had noticed the signs and was proceeding to remove them. I turned to my mother and said "Hey Mom, I think a chair just opened up."

Well, this woman dove across five of the six chairs in an attempt to prevent us from sitting down. I swear to God, dove across those chairs like she was going for a touchdown pass. It was about this time my father joined us, looked at this woman scrambling to cover six chairs with her five-foot nothing frame, and basically asked what the hell was going on. It was about this time my prone friend, who was now doing some sort of breat-stroke to cover the chairs started screaching. Carnival staff arrived. We quietly went to lunch. I don't think I saw that woman the rest of the cruise.

My folks and I were on a 5-day out of Jax a couple of years back and we get on the Lido and there is this woman duct-tapping laminated signs to certain chairs around the pool. Mind you, it's February and not exactly swimming weather. So out of curiousity, I ask this woman rather politely what it is she's doing. She informs me she's reserving her family's chairs for the cruise. I admit it, I laughed. She gave me a cock-eyed look and said made a comment to the effect of "what are you gonna do about it?" and then called me a "pushy Yankee" and didn't I know this was how things worked and a whole lot of other stuff. I had only laughed, hadn't said a word and her diatribe merely made me laugh harder. That, and the fact that one of the Carnival hospitality folks had noticed the signs and was proceeding to remove them. I turned to my mother and said "Hey Mom, I think a chair just opened up."

Well, this woman dove across five of the six chairs in an attempt to prevent us from sitting down. I swear to God, dove across those chairs like she was going for a touchdown pass. It was about this time my father joined us, looked at this woman scrambling to cover six chairs with her five-foot nothing frame, and basically asked what the hell was going on. It was about this time my prone friend, who was now doing some sort of breat-stroke to cover the chairs started screaching. Carnival staff arrived. We quietly went to lunch. I don't think I saw that woman the rest of the cruise.

lemurcat:) Begged my wife not to do it:eek: She's a lunatic..even though

she's 5 ft "nothing" she's so fat it takes 2 suns to tan her:eek:Don't know

why she grabs 6 chairs, the whole family would rather work in the galley

than have to sit and listen to her..only reason we cruise with her is

because she pays:DIn the future, I will post our travel schedule so that

you can change yours:)

lemurcat:) Begged my wife not to do it:eek: She's a lunatic..even though

she's 5 ft "nothing" she's so fat it takes 2 suns to tan her:eek:Don't know

why she grabs 6 chairs, the whole family would rather work in the galley

than have to sit and listen to her..only reason we cruise with her is

because she pays:DIn the future, I will post our travel schedule so that

you can change yours:)

Thanks, Skip. You're all heart, man. :D I wasn't going to mention her girth, wanted to be sensative, you know.

Thanks, Skip. You're all heart, man. :D I wasn't going to mention her girth, wanted to be sensative, you know.

I appreciate your sensitivity but wasn't your father the one who suggested we paint her black from the waist down and christen her

the Buttdam:confused:

I appreciate your sensitivity but wasn't your father the one who suggested we paint her black from the waist down and christen her

the Buttdam:confused:

No, my father was the one who suggested you grease her up, shove an apple in her mouth, and stick her on a spit for the laua. We're working on his political correctness, but it's just not taking.

No, my father was the one who suggested you grease her up, shove an apple in her mouth, and stick her on a spit for the laua. We're working on his political correctness, but it's just not taking.

Buttdam on a stick:eek: Don't they give those as prizes to those who lose

onboard games:confused:

If you really want to make a chair hogger mad. Take the Carnival Logo towels they leave out to save their chairs and now you don't have to pay for your "souvenir" towel.:D Not like they would see you later in the cruise using a navy blue Carnival towel and confront you about it.;)

Archived