Valor Review, Spring Break with PICS

newt98

WOW What a great cruise review that was. Awesome pictures too. You just convinced me that I have to do 2 things. One is to book a cruise on the Valor SOON and the second is to go buy a new camera(SLR).:D I love to shop for electronics. Your time and effort you put in for this review was worth it on so many levels. Thanks.

Thats his new GQ pose!!:p:D

i dnt think i'd sell many magazines with that pose

WOW What a great cruise review that was. Awesome pictures too. You just convinced me that I have to do 2 things. One is to book a cruise on the Valor SOON and the second is to go buy a new camera(SLR).:D I love to shop for electronics. Your time and effort you put in for this review was worth it on so many levels. Thanks.

thank you

Mike what deck do you go to to get off the ship at the ports? Also to get off at the end of cruise? Thanks, and keep the patter, and pics coming.

deck zero was where you go for every port, except at end oc cruise, that is deck 3

We just got off the Valor yesterday. Mike, I brought you a Belikin shot glass to replace your broken one. Let me know your email address so that I can get your info to send it to you.

We had a great trip, will try to post a review and pics soon. Right now, off to take DD to doctor's---looks like an ear and sinus infection. Yesterday was a verrrrrrry loooooooonnnnnggggggggg day :(

We just got off the Valor yesterday. Mike, I brought you a Belikin shot glass to replace your broken one. Let me know your email address so that I can get your info to send it to you.

We had a great trip, will try to post a review and pics soon. Right now, off to take DD to doctor's---looks like an ear and sinus infection. Yesterday was a verrrrrrry loooooooonnnnnggggggggg day :(

allie,

i just read your email, and had to go through to find your post. i was actuall trying to get this done before your cruise so you could see it all, lol.

i didnt think anyone would actually bring me back a shot glass (i broke mine as stated in the belize section) so i am very excited that you got one for me. thank you very much. :)

You should get a commision from Canon.. just went and bought my husband this camera. Had been looking at it, but your pictures sealed the deal!

i'm glad you got one. it takes great pics in auto mode, but i am still trying to figure out the settings i need to enhance the pics a bit more.

Wow! Thanks for sharing this incredible report with us. We are sailing on the Valor 6/14 with two kids (8,7) and this was just the insider trading info I was looking for. Thanks again :)

you will have a great time with the kids, it was our first trip with the kids and i am glad we all did it together before our girls are off and married.

Sailed with you on the Triumph Feb of 08, really enjoyed your reviews and glad you had a great cruise...

I could not belive the change in Rotan, posting a picture of the early cruising to that port, 12-03, it has really changed.

keep on sailing

Jimmie and Caroline

114626992_Picture1591.jpg.e3c124fa56c481bdb90427d778d45a54.jpg

Mike,

I loved your review sooo much that I JUST booked the Valor for July 26th!!! :p

LOVED all of your pictures. I agree with everyone when they said you have a beautiful family and it looks like you had the time of your lives! Thank you for sharing your cruise with us!

What a great review - thanks so much for taking the time and energy to do this! You guys definitely had a wonderful time, we are still a ways out from our cruise but you have gotten us excited :)

We had thought of going to the Mayan Princess, so thanks for posting about your day there. A few questions; how was the food and the drinks, prices decent? How long of a walk was it down to Tabayana?

Again thanks so much for all the wonderful pictures and sharing your trip with all of us. Hope to cruise together one day......

Mike...have a few questions for you about the cave tubing in Belize if you are still around.

1. How did you pay for the excursion at the end? With cash or credit card?

2. Was there any place to stash your towels, bags, etc. that you brought with you?

3. How hard was the walk to the caves?

:o:confused:

Mike,

I loved your review sooo much that I JUST booked the Valor for July 26th!!! :p

LOVED all of your pictures. I agree with everyone when they said you have a beautiful family and it looks like you had the time of your lives! Thank you for sharing your cruise with us!

thanks, i think you will love that trip, we sure did.

Loved your review!! We are sailing the Valor in less than a month, and hubby is bringing his (relatively new) DSLR! Your post has us so excited!!

Thanks for sharing :)

thanks, make sure he gets some practice with the camera ahead of time, there is always auto mode, but what fun is that?

What a great review - thanks so much for taking the time and energy to do this! You guys definitely had a wonderful time, we are still a ways out from our cruise but you have gotten us excited :)

We had thought of going to the Mayan Princess, so thanks for posting about your day there. A few questions; how was the food and the drinks, prices decent? How long of a walk was it down to Tabayana?

Again thanks so much for all the wonderful pictures and sharing your trip with all of us. Hope to cruise together one day......

dont know about the food at mayan, we took deli sandwiched from the ship, my wife brought large ziplocs, and we packed the sandwiches in ice from our steward. the beer was $2. tabyana was not far at all, less than ten minutes, probably like five.

Mike...have a few questions for you about the cave tubing in Belize if you are still around.

1. How did you pay for the excursion at the end? With cash or credit card?

2. Was there any place to stash your towels, bags, etc. that you brought with you?

3. How hard was the walk to the caves?

:o:confused:

we paid cash at the end, i am pretty sure that's all they accepted, they collect money on the bus during the trip home.

we left everything on the bus when we went to the caves. i've heard of people doing this in the past, and i believe it's completely safe. our driver was a 400lb native, and the tour guides joked that it was safe to leave your stuff because nobody can fit past him on the bus.

the walk to the caves was not as hard as i was led to believe. you can do it in watersocks, but if you have real sensitive feet, then maybe not, but it was pretty flat for the most part. i had the kids buy hiking sandals for the trip because of what i had read, but we wasted our money on those, we could have just had them wear their water socks, although i think the wife was glad she had sandals.

Thanks Mike, I forgot you mentioned you took sandwiches off the ship. We may do the same thing

Seems like we have one port figured out.....

it worked out really good, since the ship doesn't dock until 12:00, there is plenty of time to get the food from the deli. we took a beach bag that had a large ziploc with ice, then about seven sandwiches. and the sandwiches were very good on the beach, and we saved the money from not having to feed seven people.

it worked out really good, since the ship doesn't dock until 12:00, there is plenty of time to get the food from the deli. we took a beach bag that had a large ziploc with ice, then about seven sandwiches. and the sandwiches were very good on the beach, and we saved the money from not having to feed seven people.

Thanks for the tip, we may be doing the very same thing.....more money for beer :)

Originally Posted by newt98 viewpost.gif

We will be on Valor Nov. 09. Just wondering how you got the food off of the ship? I have read many posts that state you can only bring prepackaged food like cereal off of the ship. I would like to do this but was wondering what happens if you are caught?

Mike,

Did you book thru cave-tubing dot com (notice the dash between cave and tubing);)? Would you say, in your experience, that this would be ok for an 8 year old? Not sure how deep the water is? She LOVES the water but is not a swimmer :( (should something go wrong) so not sure whether to book this or not. Your thoughts?? THANKS!!!!

Thanks for an awesome review Mike! I will be crusing the end of May (on the Freedom, but I read all reviews anyway - I can almost feel the sunshine and taste the drinks!! :p) I've never done a review before but your great review has made me excited to attempt my own when I get back!!

Archived