Millennium still dry-docked in May?

pseudochicken

Hi All - this is my first post on the website (hope I am doing this correctly :o). Anyone have an update on this posting? We are sailing on the Millenium on Aug 14 (first time with Celebrity) and are anxious to hear about any changes to the ship.

We're sailing after the drydock.

Have only found the following article so far that talks about Victoria Shipyards in Esquimalt doing the work. There's just a small notation on Millennium but no specifics:

"Then it's the Celebrity Millennium's turn. It arrives for a refit 36 hours after the Amsterdam leaves, for work also totalling millions of dollars and requiring 20,000 man hours, he said."

We're sailing after the drydock.

Have only found the following article so far that talks about Victoria Shipyards in Esquimalt doing the work. There's just a small notation on Millennium but no specifics:

"Then it's the Celebrity Millennium's turn. It arrives for a refit 36 hours after the Amsterdam leaves, for work also totalling millions of dollars and requiring 20,000 man hours, he said."

Thanks for the interesting info, hopefully we will hear more soon. Our extended family sails June 19th :)

I have a friend in management at Celebrity. I have been bugging him on news about the upcoming drydock.

This picture arrived in the mail the other day. He indicated it a was a complete exterior redo. :confused: Along with neededretrofit, they are trying to do a bit of "rebranding" with the new color formats. It looks pretty neat to me.

I wasn't told to keep this quiet, so here goes! :rolleyes:

ship3.jpg.ea7c6a623418d9af67fc29295a19dcb9.jpg

Archived