well im back from cruising

thied

hi all as you can see im back. im working on a reveiw and will post it soon, as you all would have herd alot we had a few things happen, we met a few really great people from ccs on board and had a great time and we all won a few comps around the ship as well . like BINGO wont say who won yet ill let them tell, hope you have some ? for me.

Yeh Steve,where are you?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Probably off having a nanna nap recovering from his cruise!! :p:p:p

not sleeping now lol

hi all as you can see im back. im working on a reveiw and will post it soon, as you all would have herd alot we had a few things happen, we met a few really great people from ccs on board and had a great time and we all won a few comps around the ship as well . like BINGO wont say who won yet ill let them tell, hope you have some ? for me.

Its been rather dull around here without you ;) looking forward to hearing all about your cruise, glad to hear you had a great time and look forward to reading your review :) Nett

Oh great! So now you can stop leaving us in suspence!!!

What happened? Did someone get kicked off?

Did your wife win bingo??

What sort of comps did you win??

Tell us more!!!!!:D

no we didnt win Bingo but some one here did but ill let them you about that. yes a family did get kicked off at port villa but we cant say to much about that atm.and one older couple went got off at villa for some family problem at home, and there was one couple got off at savu savu because of medical problems there was one rumer of one guy put off at the first port for peeeing over ther side of the ship but the peeing part was right but he only got into a litlle bit of trouble for that.Comps lol in our group we had 5 adults and two chilren 2.5 hrs and 11hrs one of us own the best dressed cow boy and we own the scap heep challange withe our boat we made, it had to carry 24 cans of beer 2 laps of the lido pool after we own we made it to a esxy and gave most of the beer away mostly to the other competors we all had fun by the way the ships catains name was Charlie Carr we name it pacific charlie carp

27 Feb we all got a text from P&O saying the ship is late ok kool sleep in,

28 Feb we arrived about 9 am all good our bags checked and we checked in, they didn’t start boarding till 12.30 pm; we boarded at 1pm strait to the cabin dump the hand luggage and grab a drink as you do lol and go to lunch, then up on deck few more drinks I saw staceymrow ( Vicky) waving like made at us was funny her trying to sign her phone number to me I got it in the end all good,

We departed about 4 or 5 pm, cruising out from port side is all was great no matter how many times you do it all ways some thing new on the river, by the time we got into the bay it was dark and dinner time. Managed to get the same dinning time for the how cruise as I new the matradee graig who I meet some yrs ago in the uk the any time dinning is ok but have to say the staff don’t like it it’s a lot more work for them and very hard to work how many to cater for, in saying that a lot of people like it each to there own, so now we are off to Noumea and we have all our luggage 12 pieces of them lol .

It was fairly rough all the way to Noumea for some there were a lot sick people around 4 in our group were a little sick 7-8 mt swell all the way I personally thought it way all good, WE got into noumea late it was dark about 5.30- 6.00 pm P&O had buses at the wharf for every one we when up town after dinner not much up there at night for most people who were sick just to get on land was great all good WE departed about 11pm off to isle of pines.

31/03 8 am at the ISLE OF PINES very lovely place great snorkelling great to see so many fish of all sizes so close to the beach. And P&O didn’t tell about the great food we could eat there fresh lobsters $10 live and they will cook it for free for you lovely. WE left on time 4pm now off to Suva Wednesday at sea Thursday suva, watched another great show more great food and more drinks.

01/04 all good at sea today still rough 6-7 mt swell big day today more shows to watch, and people still sea sick.

02/03 6 am we are 2 hrs out of Suva ship stops the only lights on are e/m lights nothing is working at all the ship dead in the water with no power and very one is up on deck and we are just drifting, The captain is telling us that have problem in the engine room and he doesn’t now is yet and he will let us now as soon as he is told, here we are ship has none to very little power drifting along we cant ancor as we its about 2000 mt deep ( great scean )

im working on some more for you

Interesting to read about your cruise. Didn't you leave on 28th March, rather than 28th February? The Pacific Sun loss of power would have been on 2nd April, not 2nd March wouldn't it? :)

Thied is still suffering effects of the cruise. You are right, we did leave in March and arrived back in April!!

So far, agree with everything Thied has said. Tell them the rest too.

Regards

Lilly

Thied is still suffering effects of the cruise. You are right, we did leave in March and arrived back in April!!

So far, agree with everything Thied has said. Tell them the rest too.

Regards

Lilly

sorry about that thank you for help lilly i see you got home ok nigel and betty wont be home till sunday or monday

no we didnt win Bingo but some one here did but ill let them you about that. yes a family did get kicked off at port villa but we cant say to much about that atm.and one older couple went got off at villa for some family problem at home, and there was one couple got off at savu savu because of medical problems there was one rumer of one guy put off at the first port for peeeing over ther side of the ship but the peeing part was right but he only got into a litlle bit of trouble for that.Comps lol in our group we had 5 adults and two chilren 2.5 hrs and 11hrs one of us own the best dressed cow boy and we own the scap heep challange withe our boat we made, it had to carry 24 cans of beer 2 laps of the lido pool after we own we made it to a esxy and gave most of the beer away mostly to the other competors we all had fun by the way the ships catains name was Charlie Carr we name it pacific charlie carp

PART TWO

02/04

So we drifting around, there trying to get things going about 3hrs later they got one engine going and started to move very slowly 6 knots for about 5 hrs when we were informed by the captain that we would not get to Suva till late that night and it was not safe for us to be in Suva for us , so they have decided to not go there and would proceed to savusavu and be there by 8am on Friday, all good but disappointed , some time in the next 23 hrs they got full power back but but wasn’t till til late that night.

03/04 8 am We are in savusvau all good looks great from the ship every one was ready to get off as you would expect, savusavu is a nice place saw the hot springs with lots of HOMERS there just have to touch the water lol a couple of burns later they learnt not too, saw some very funny builders in savu savu there not much into health and safety there , the people there are great friendly as you would expect they would be , had lunch and a few beers in the number pub in town then back to the ship to left at 5 pm and off to port villa and great food rinks and shows like demo and rod stewart, lol .

04/04

WE are see this day still rough 5-4 mt swell still great same thing eating, drinking , shows , horse racing and BINGO .

05/04

PORT VILLA every ones favourite place shopping and tours, we hire pmv (bus) for 5 hrs for the 7 of us for $210 including hidden valley some resorts a visit to the Australian and Vanuatu embassy and then down town and out to cascade falls and lots of villages and out hideaway island and a cocco nut tree climbing demo were drink the milk and eat it all great and back to town and shopping and back to the ship. Pity about the people getting kicked off the ship there but that is up to the captain. 6 pm and of to PENTECOST where there loonies live lol.

PART THREE 05/04

So we are off to PENTECOST not as rough 3-4 mtr swell more great food and shows all brilliant,

06/04 We arrive at PENTECOST 7 am another great day at another lovely island unlike isle of pines where the sand is fine and white on Pentecost its river rock on the beach still good water very clear and warm, great snorkelling and off to watch the loonies jump now this great to see , I would say every one on the ship was there expect a few as they couldn’t get off not good for them, I will say its great to watch but its got to hurt not a chance of me doing it even from the lower ones the village people are lovely there was lots of dancing from the local school and and the locals there was one little boy dancing and the only one with shoes on but they those rubber clogs we where here but the how toes were warn away, 3pm back to the ship to leave at 4 pm at ship we are all out on deck and when you are at these places you see some funny thing that we would not do here like 18 foot boat and 18 people in and a long way from shore and 40feet away from ship driving around waving to every one then 2 more came and did the same all good , so now Monday night and on our way home and another night of great food and shows ugle dave grey on tonight should be good and it was, and ISLAND NIGHT DECK PARTY is always great fun

07/04

At sea another great day BINGO jackpot is $5700 today ,not much to say about the at sea days as you all now that there is always some thing to do and shows to see, But our high light of the day was a letter from Captain Charlie Carr asking my wife and I and our 2.5 yr old son if we would like to join him on a bridge tour while we said no thank you lol only joking we said yes

08/04

We had to meet his deck cadet officer on deck 10 forward it was great do this tour weds the 8th ,there were 25 people selected to do this not all did it with the captain pretty cool I think.Then we had the scrap heap challenge witch was great as we won it, more great shows and food and drinking in all we had a fantastic time expect for braking down and missing Suva. Ps still more to come

PART THREE 05/04

So we are off to PENTECOST not as rough 3-4 mtr swell more great food and shows all brilliant,

06/04 We arrive at PENTECOST 7 am another great day at another lovely island unlike isle of pines where the sand is fine and white on Pentecost its river rock on the beach still good water very clear and warm, great snorkelling and off to watch the loonies jump now this great to see , I would say every one on the ship was there expect a few as they couldn’t get off not good for them, I will say its great to watch but its got to hurt not a chance of me doing it even from the lower ones the village people are lovely there was lots of dancing from the local school and and the locals there was one little boy dancing and the only one with shoes on but they those rubber clogs we where here but the how toes were warn away, 3pm back to the ship to leave at 4 pm at ship we are all out on deck and when you are at these places you see some funny thing that we would not do here like 18 foot boat and 18 people in and a long way from shore and 40feet away from ship driving around waving to every one then 2 more came and did the same all good , so now Monday night and on our way home and another night of great food and shows ugle dave grey on tonight should be good and it was, and ISLAND NIGHT DECK PARTY is always great fun

07/04

At sea another great day BINGO jackpot is $5700 today ,not much to say about the at sea days as you all now that there is always some thing to do and shows to see, But our high light of the day was a letter from Captain Charlie Carr asking my wife and I and our 2.5 yr old son if we would like to join him on a bridge tour while we said no thank you lol only joking we said yes

08/04

We had to meet his deck cadet officer on deck 10 forward it was great do this tour weds the 8th ,there were 25 people selected to do this not all did it with the captain pretty cool I think.Then we had the scrap heap challenge witch was great as we won it, more great shows and food and drinking in all we had a fantastic time expect for braking down and missing Suva. Ps still more to come

THE LIST

Captain Charlie Carr. U.k great captain and enterainer

Staff Captain Jeff Talbot

Chief engineer Jason Truman

Staff engineer Michael Fitzgerald

Psd Simon Troman u.k

Cruise director Sandy Cadwallader usa very glad to see that P&O saw the light and made Sandy cruise director

Dep cruise director Cole newzealand

THE ENTERAINMENT LIST

28/03 show time with Morgan Kent, Demo Simis,Bronwyn Andrews and Niel James

29/03 Morgan Kent ( Rod stewart ) very good well worth seeing

29/03 Demo Simis adults only comedy club ( demo is a ex cruise director from not too long ago)

worth seeing again.

Tonights movie mamma mia

30/03 country a & western hoe down

01/04 Peter May magic happens

Movie tonight death race

03/04 Johanna hemara country singer pretty good

06/04 Ugly Dave Grey very good worth seeing again

08/04 comedy club Peter Close

There were much more entertainment from P&O pacific entertainers were very good and all the karaoke, talent shows ,quizzes, champagne waterfall, and completions going on all the time in all it was a great cruise we $ 50 for missing Suva lol.

DOWNERS LIST

Late leaving Brisbane

Late in to noumea

Missing Suva

No cocktails with Captain

Only 3 courses for dinning room not 4

People not behaving them selves and getting kicked off

Ship braking down

Up side LIST

Best Captain we have had he would be seen about 3 or 4 times a day in public areas and would talk to every one this would happen every day

Cruise director Sandy was always out and about doing mc work and on the intercom letting every one know what happing all day and same with his crew very well done.

All the crew were great the service was good

We took 2500 photo,s and 1000 mtr of video

We also had Demo on our cruise at the comedy club.

Interesting that you got $50 OBC for missing Suva. We also missed Suva & got nothing:confused:

Maybe it was because you broke down............was there much of an inconvenience to passengers?

We missed because the seas were so rough 2 days before & we had to slow right down & ran out of time.

We also had Demo on our cruise at the comedy club.

Interesting that you got $50 OBC for missing Suva. We also missed Suva & got nothing:confused:

yes one member of our group got $ 50 for being late into one port

Sorry, thied. I edited my post as you were typing.

thats ok we had a great time any way if P&O wont offer something for what happened so be it

Archived