well im back from cruising

thied

Page 74 on the brouchure

Ship & Itinerary changes

"We will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan;however, sometimes changes can happen that may affect your holiday experience. This could include weather, mechanical difficulties, civil unrest or any other unforseen circumstances.

Once your cruise has commenced, if we are required to change the itinerary or cancel the cruise due to safety, maritime law, severe weather or to protect human life or health, we are not required to provide any compensation. With this in mind, please do not make any imprtant arrangements or meetings based on the propsed itinerary."

A travel lawyer would thread them to pieces. This is to try and stop good people for claiming compensation all large corporations do it, the average person looks at this and thinks he/she has not a leg to stand on. Not true!

A travel lawyer would thread them to pieces. This is to try and stop good people for claiming compensation all large corporations do it, the average person looks at this and thinks he/she has not a leg to stand on. Not true!

well i would to agree with that in full

hey there again. dont mean to butt in but so far I have lodged 3 calls with the customer relations department and all three times they have said that the manager will not call me back until late next week at the earliest. so i have sent them a letter as well, just to have it all on record. the last thing i want is them to say that it has dragged on for too long to do anything about it. i get the feeling that i am getting the deliberate run around so that i just 'forget' about it and feel like it is just too much trouble to bother with. which just makes me more incensed. they also told me that they are swamped with calls, when i asked if it was complaints about the cruise, they said that mostly everyone is very understanding and is willing to just accept the $50obc. to which i do NOT believe in the slightest.

hey there again. dont mean to butt in but so far I have lodged 3 calls with the customer relations department and all three times they have said that the manager will not call me back until late next week at the earliest. so i have sent them a letter as well, just to have it all on record. the last thing i want is them to say that it has dragged on for too long to do anything about it. i get the feeling that i am getting the deliberate run around so that i just 'forget' about it and feel like it is just too much trouble to bother with. which just makes me more incensed. they also told me that they are swamped with calls, when i asked if it was complaints about the cruise, they said that mostly everyone is very understanding and is willing to just accept the $50obc. to which i do NOT believe in the slightest.

Get a travel lawyer to draft a letter won't cost much, it will show you mean business, they appear to be playing hard to get at the moment in order that you might go away. If Carnival is the head office for P&O Australia send a e-mail, keep a record of all phone calls and don't forget you have a local federal member in your Australian Government.

If you tell the truth you have nothing to fear only fear itself. I am in no way trying to stir trouble but the majority of people for one reason or another will not pursue their basic rights, as you can see on the boards people defending the cruise line and of course this is why P&O Australia get away with what they do.

Well, finally home in Rockhampton - best part of the cruise was meeting CCers Thied and Lilly and families - we had a ball except for the breakdown and missing ports - after being late into Noumea and then breaking down and missing Suva I was ready to come home.

Well to break the suspense it was my wife who won just over eight hundred bucks on bingo and much to her credit she did shout a few drinks that night

so how is the fat controler going

I am in no way trying to stir trouble but the majority of people for one reason or another will not pursue their basic rights, as you can see on the boards people defending the cruise line and of course this is why P&O Australia get away with what they do.

Then why is it that every post I have ever read from you about P&O has always been bad - you obviously don't like them and will put them down at any chance you get. What I don't understand is if you don't like P&O then why come on this board at all?

I don't disagree that if these people feel strongly about their cruise then yes pursue their complaint with P&O until they are satisfied. Yes I would do the same. But I'm not about to try and send subliminal (sp) messages to people for my own agenda, that's just stirring trouble.

Good luck Thied, Lilly, Kimmidoll & anyone else who is trying to get resolution with P&O, I will be following this thread with interest.

Cheers

Jingles.:)

Hi there

Good Luck with any claims, I have also been on a disaster of a Sun cruise, to read about that one just google "background N842", it is the top story.

Again before any one jumps on and says anything, we were not upset about loosing the day sailing rather everything else about the cruise.

Our travel agent cringes when P&O is mentioned as they say that they are one of the hardest companies to get answers out of.

Any way we have learnt and moved on and will not be sailing on P&O again. :confused::confused:

Then why is it that every post I have ever read from you about P&O has always been bad - you obviously don't like them and will put them down at any chance you get. What I don't understand is if you don't like P&O then why come on this board at all?

I don't disagree that if these people feel strongly about their cruise then yes pursue their complaint with P&O until they are satisfied. Yes I would do the same. But I'm not about to try and send subliminal (sp) messages to people for my own agenda, that's just stirring trouble.

Good luck Thied, Lilly, Kimmidoll & anyone else who is trying to get resolution with P&O, I will be following this thread with interest.

Cheers

Jingles.:)

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi there

Good Luck with any claims, I have also been on a disaster of a Sun cruise, to read about that one just google "background N842", it is the top story.

Again before any one jumps on and says anything, we were not upset about loosing the day sailing rather everything else about the cruise.

Our travel agent cringes when P&O is mentioned as they say that they are one of the hardest companies to get answers out of.

Any way we have learnt and moved on and will not be sailing on P&O again. :confused::confused:

We had the same problem leaving Seattle, one hour before we sailed were told that we would be missing a port. Offered fifty dollars which we refused to accept, most people accepted and complained the whole trip, we headed for head office and got what we wanted.

Your comments on the web were excellent it takes time, courage and energy to do what you have done. I salute you!

Hi there

That was a very interesting to read.

Are you still persuing the matter?

We had the same problem leaving Seattle, one hour before we sailed were told that we would be missing a port. Offered fifty dollars which we refused to accept, most people accepted and complained the whole trip, we headed for head office and got what we wanted.

Your comments on the web were excellent it takes time, courage and energy to do what you have done. I salute you!

You guys make me laugh with talk about suing people, travel lawyers etc.

Maybe if P&O do not cough up anything you sue GOD :eek: and ask him if you can take it higher! All for a missed port, which I understand surprisingly, is not the first in the world of cruise travel.

Keep up the great entertainment!:D

Well the fat controller has sent a letter to P&O today offering feedback and constructive criticism and boquets relating to all the differing elements encountered during our eventfull 12 days - I for one do not appreciate missing ports due to mechanical breakdowns. We ended up with

Noumea - dark and closed

Isle of Pines - Pretty but nothing to do. Kepple Island is better (and closer)

Suva - missed it by that much

Savu Savu - old, dirty, unroadworthy buses

Vila - Sunday (Palm Sunday) - everything except for couple of duty free shops closed.

Pentecost - great

Ports to me are a major part of a cruise

Breakdown and slow steaming as a result was worrying to a lot of people and uncomfortable.

So thank god we met some nice people like Steve and Family and Di and Bert

But it was not a good cruise at all, if you were a first timer it would be your last.

Well the fat controller has sent a letter to P&O today offering feedback and constructive criticism and boquets relating to all the differing elements encountered during our eventfull 12 days - I for one do not appreciate missing ports due to mechanical breakdowns. We ended up with

Noumea - dark and closed

Isle of Pines - Pretty but nothing to do. Kepple Island is better (and closer)

Suva - missed it by that much

Savu Savu - old, dirty, unroadworthy buses

Vila - Sunday (Palm Sunday) - everything except for couple of duty free shops closed.

Pentecost - great

Ports to me are a major part of a cruise

Breakdown and slow steaming as a result was worrying to a lot of people and uncomfortable.

So thank god we met some nice people like Steve and Family and Di and Bert

But it was not a good cruise at all, if you were a first timer it would be your last.

yes i agree. exactly right, if it were your first, it would certainly be your last. it left a bad taste in a lot of travellers mouths metaphorically speaking and literally with the slop up on deck 10.

Maybe if P&O do not cough up anything you sue GOD :eek: and ask him if you can take it higher! All for a missed port, which I understand surprisingly, is not the first in the world of cruise travel.

spike im case you havnt noticed the ack of god claus has been taken of most policies as it has been provin that if some one can sue god and no one can prove who god is there is the big ? or which god do you sue? there are so many of them and you have to sue all of them so you would in court for the 300 yrs . im in deep on this i think but its true

Kimmidoll,

Thanks for that!

In the first instance without being onboard I would not publicly complain or be egged on by people that was not even on the cruise. When people complain they do not usually help the situation but inflame the situation. I understand that you are trying to complain to P&O, but what do you want from P&O -More money, credit, discounts. There has been no mention of what you are seeking so far. It is had for me to show compassion if I can not tell if people genuinely feel they have been cheated or if they have another motive. If you let them know what you are seeking, they would be able to reject, compromise or give you what would satisfy you! No person will be in a rush to reply to you, if they not know what there in for or someone on the other end of the phone is going to rant and rave. Yes the people handling the calls are in customer service but would go out of your way to help those peolpe.

So that’s my 2 bobs worth

Keep up the good work and no name calling just before saying grow UP, not a good look.

if i may put me two bobs worth in. i personly would not say what i am seeking from P&O on here at this point time and wait and see what they offer me or us. not that im tring affened any one if i have im sorry.

We arrived in Seattle and one port we wanted to see was Sitka, no one told us at port side we were going to miss this old Russian settlement and that the ship was having engine problems, it was only when we were on board were we told. We should have had the choice before we boarded, it is called principle and that is what I acted on. Now Spike08 when you laugh at people and prejudge it can be a matter of low self esteem, of course I would never accuse you of having these symptons.

if i may put me two bobs worth in. i personly would not say what i am seeking from P&O on here at this point time and wait and see what they offer me or us. not that im tring affened any one if i have im sorry.

Precisely Thied. Exactly my thoughts and the reason why I haven't so far done so.

We arrived in Seattle and one port we wanted to see was Sitka, no one told us at port side we were going to miss this old Russian settlement and that the ship was having engine problems, it was only when we were on board were we told. We should have had the choice before we boarded, it is called principle and that is what I acted on. Now Spike08 when you laugh at people and prejudge it can be a matter of low self esteem, of course I would never accuse you of having these symptons.

Hi Down-Unders.

Sometimes people are judgemental and brass because they are hiding behind their computer screen. And sometimes there are people out there in cyber world who say things to get a reaction and sometimes I bite and wish I hadn't done so and given them the satisfaction and even acknowledging what they said. But like you, I wouldn't dare accuse Spike of being like this either!!!

Hi Down-Unders.

Sometimes people are judgemental and brass because they are hiding behind their computer screen. And sometimes there are people out there in cyber world who say things to get a reaction and sometimes I bite and wish I hadn't done so and given them the satisfaction and even acknowledging what they said. But like you, I wouldn't dare accuse Spike of being like this either!!!

Archived