London to Southampton Transfers

English Rose

If anyone is interested in transfers from London to Southampton and any other 'across the water' questions I can be helpful with, please ask. My husband owns a chauffeur company and has several bookings for the summer months for Princess customers from this forum. Some are looking for lift shares. Contact me directly and I will try my best to help - cheryl@bcfinch.freeserve.co.uk.

FYI -

I have booked w/ Cheryl for our July 31 Golden Princess cruise.

She has been most helpful - and the rate is good! :)

We are looking for a "share" for our July 30 - 8:15 AM arrival at LHR going to Southampton.

Quoted rate is for the MVP not the PAX - so it helps to find someone to share the transfers. I think there is room in the MVP for 6 with reasonable luggage? -

GotToCruise (aka Renee)

Thank you very much for your kind words.... much appreciated!!! Renee has now managed to find herself some travelling companions - others are still looking. New Mercedes extra space MPV now been ordered - will arrive end of March ready for the summer season here in the UK.

Thank you very much for your kind words.... much appreciated!!! Renee has now managed to find herself some travelling companions - others are still looking. New Mercedes extra space MPV now been ordered - will arrive end of March ready for the summer season here in the UK.

Is that the new extra-long Viano? They look very nice on the Mercedes website!

Hi Beth

Yes, that's the one. We've had the normal size version here this week for a trial and it was very nice. The long version is just perfect. This one will just add to the Chrysler Voyagers and the VW Caravelle that we use for mult-passenger journeys. The other vehicles in our fleet are all Mercedes S Class and E Classes for the corporate clients and those without luggage! Not for your average cruisers!

Shame we have to wait until March, but they are made to order and we will only buy new.

I'm sure it'll be fabulous when it arrives and worth the wait. Yes, with the amount of luggage we're bringing for our Golden cruise, I doubt we'd fit in a corporate-style car. My DH wears a kilt with full regalia on formal nights on our cruises, which means he has a whole mess of accessories that go with it, which means packing light isn't an option for him. Still, he looks pretty sharp in his kilt, so it's worth the extra luggage!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it does get him a lot of attention! On our Alaska cruise, people came up and wanted to take their picture with him, it was very funny. :) I'll see if I can get him to wear it when we're getting picked up at the hotel, and when we get off the ship, you certainly wouldn't be able to miss us then! But, he gets kind of self-conscious about it, so I don't know if I'll be able to get him to do it. It'd be like me wearing an evening gown for our pick-up, not something that's very likely! :)

Archived