Internet Cafe sign-off

mii

Somewhere recently on this site I read where it is very important to sign-off on the internet while on a cruise. We will be on the Coral and plan to view our e-mails twice while on the cruise. What do I need to do to make sure I sign-off properly so that I do not get charged extra or is the instruction in the cafe clear.

Marilyn

By the way I am plainum so the packages will be free for me.

If you are using the computers in the internet cafe, sign off is pretty clear. There is a button that is always showing somewhere on the screen, usually on the bottom menu bar that says "sign-off" Just click it when you are done, and it will start the process. To be sure you are signed off properly, wait for the screen that shows your remaining time and time used to come up.

If you are using a laptop, yup, that is much trickier. You have to have the correct sequence to enter into the laptop to make sure you are signed off. Have the person at the internet cafe take you through the process and give you the instructions....

If you are using the computers in the internet cafe, sign off is pretty clear. There is a button that is always showing somewhere on the screen, usually on the bottom menu bar that says "sign-off" Just click it when you are done, and it will start the process. To be sure you are signed off properly, wait for the screen that shows your remaining time and time used to come up.

If you are using a laptop, yup, that is much trickier. You have to have the correct sequence to enter into the laptop to make sure you are signed off. Have the person at the internet cafe take you through the process and give you the instructions....

Thanks, we will be using the computers in the cafe, no laptop. When I go on a cruise we just never go in there because frankly I spend too much time on the computer on this site now so when on a cruise I am on vacation but this time will have to go in there a couple of times. Thank you very much.

Marilyn

Marilyn, The internet cafe makes it very simple to sign off, there is a log out button you click when you are finished. Then you wait a few seconds and it shows how many minutes you have remaining on your package and tells you on the sceen you are logged off. Unless you just walk away while being logged in, no chance of forgetting to log off when using the ships computers.

It's the laptops that require a little more button pushing. ;)

Thanks to all of you. I guess what I was reading involved a laptop but just wanted to make sure. Now I know and my DH knows so we are ready to go. Again thanks guys.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn...

when we were on the Star Princess with you, I took photos of the internet cafe directions for lap top usage...

it's only for laptops or other handheld devices that might work onboard that you have to do the 1.1.1.1.

I just put a big sticky on my laptop to remind me.

Otherwise if you are in the internet cafe ..it will say LOG OUT/SIGN OFF in pretty big letters

Also, if you check CruiseCritic or fill out any forms through the Princess' website while onboard make sure to log off...

many times I found peoples personal info..because they forgot to clear the forms and log off.

Have a great cruise!

K.

For laptop users: enter the proper thing in your browser (http://1.1.1.1/) and then make sure the sign off screen comes up. It might take a minute to display. It tells you how many minutes you used in that session and how many you have left. As long as you see that you know you ended your session properly.

Archived