Pier for Vision of the Seas

• 3 weeks later...
Visiting ships go to Langelinie. Disembarking ships go to Frihavnen.

How about roundtrip cruises? I know the Emerald leaves from Frihavnen. I would assume it also returns to Frihavnen since it will normally be leaving again later in the day for the next cruise. Do you know if my assumption is correct? Of course to muddy the waters a bit more, we will be on the last Baltic cruise of the season and the ship will be continuing later on that evening (9/23) for its TA leg. Could that mean we will dock at Langelinie? Since many passengers will be boarding for the first time just for the TA portion I would think Frihavnen is a better bet.

Thanks,

Hi

Just found your site whilst checking out cruise ship reviews for my parents and hope to be of help.

I am English living in Copenhagen - very near the port.

Langeline Quay and Frihaven are close to each other - by car less than 5 mins apart.

To get from the airport you can take a regional train from inside the airport to Osterport Station. These trains run every 10 minutes at peak times and usually every 20 minutes at other times. The trip takes approximately 20 -25 minutes. When you arrive at Copenhagen airport and clear customs you will see the DSB ticket office straight ahead of you and the train platforms are just beyond the office. You can buy a one off ticket but if 2 are traveling together it will be cheaper to buy a '2 zone clip card' for 125 kroner. You need to click the ticket in the yellow box on the platform twice for each person and you have clips left for the journey back plus 2 spare for a trip on the bus if you have time. You should be able to take a bus from Osterport to Langeline Quay (depending on the time of day) but not sure about Frihaven. (You don't need to 'clip' again as your ticket is valid for the whole journey - you have up to 1 and 1/2 hours before the ticket expires.) However a taxi to either would be 5 minutes.

It is very easy to get around by public transport and most people speak English - they have to - no-one understands Danish!

Hope the information is of use to you.:o

Oh and you are just north of the centre - take a 1A bus (runs every 6 - 10 minutes)from Osterport to Kongens Nytorv. This will take 10 minutes. You will go past the Royal Palace (ask the driver where to get off - 1 click of a bus ticket which lasts an hour so you can get back on the next bus just by showing your ticket) and end up at Nyhavn (the view shown in all guide books!) where you can take a canal cruise - I recommend the Netto boat just to the right of the main queues - it is a lot cheaper and takes the same route. Worth doing for an hour - gives you a good view of the city and the little mermaid which is a very disappointing sight.

Archived