Grand Princess – Cat CC Cabins & MUTS

Stevesan

For some reason, I thought the screen and speakers faced the opposite direction of your cabin #. But I have not seen the setup on the Grand, so I can't say. Is there a photo of MUTS on the Grand out there in internetland?

If you look down through the threads, there is quite a controversial thread going on about the "MUTS" and alot of opinions,good and bad.I was reading it and one of the posters mentioned that on the Grand, the screen faces the front of the ship, so if you want to avoid any noise from it, go for aft cabins.You might want to read the thread for yourself.

We will be on Lido as well but, in an inside cabin. Looking at your room number L308, you will have the closest cabin to the MUTS. I bet out on your balcony for sure. That particular cabin’s outside wall is the open deck area with no other rooms to baffle the sound. It will be a close call.

We will be on Lido as well but, in an inside cabin. Looking at your room number L308, you will have the closest cabin to the MUTS. I bet out on your balcony for sure. That particular cabin’s outside wall is the open deck area with no other rooms to baffle the sound. It will be a close call.

Cat CC cabins don't have balconies. They're oversized (205sft) outside cabins.

For some reason, I thought the screen and speakers faced the opposite direction of your cabin #. But I have not seen the setup on the Grand, so I can't say. Is there a photo of MUTS on the Grand out there in internetland?

here are a few I took in Galveston.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3529&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=3528&stc=1

• 7 years later...

Y'all realize this thread is eight years old?

To semi-answer your question:

I don't have a picture, but they look like a typical cabin with a floor to ceiling picture window.

Come to think about it, not a bad time to ask. By now someone must have pictures.

Stevesan, I read an earlier post of yours that said these are a little bit bigger cabin than a regular outside cabin, that and the fact that the window is ceiling to floor convinced me to book this cabin on our Grand Princess sailing next year to Mexico. I know it's been awhile for you.......but do you recall it being extra noisy in this location? Would you book one of these CC's again?

Stevesan, I read an earlier post of yours that said these are a little bit bigger cabin than a regular outside cabin, that and the fact that the window is ceiling to floor convinced me to book this cabin on our Grand Princess sailing next year to Mexico. I know it's been awhile for you.......but do you recall it being extra noisy in this location? Would you book one of these CC's again?

In Y2005 when I first sailed Grand in a CC cabin, I could hear some of MUTS in the cabin. But it was muted and not a bother. I understand that Princess has since than toned down MUTS volume so that's no longer an issue. Maybe someone who has had a CC cabin more recently will respond.

I would book a CC in a heart beat, just haven't had occassion to.

The standard balcony cabin is 168 sft, add the balcony, 46 sft, and you get 214 sft for Grand's CCs.

I now sail solo and haven't been on Grand in donkey's years. I often book one of the super secret over size inside cabins. They are on Grand's Aloha deck, Riviera deck on Crown class and subsequent. I do have pix of those posted up on Web Shots:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579356797oqrCfy

And, while we're at it, a minisuite on Emerald:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579356797oqrCfy

• 1 month later...
I often book one of the super secret over size inside cabins. They are on Grand's Aloha deck, Riviera deck on Crown class and subsequent.

How does one determine cabin size such as the oversize cabins mentioned above? I can't find any real reference that details the size difference between the various alphabetic categories.

How does one determine cabin size such as the oversize cabins mentioned above? I can't find any real reference that details the size difference between the various alphabetic categories.

The great majority of cabins within a class are the same size. There are a few exceptions, but they're often identifiable by looking at the deck plan on Princess' web site.

The "super "secret" inside cabins I referred to on Lido Deck (Aloha on Grand) are easily identified.

Archived