Switching rooms within your party

Aggiemel

Is there a way for 2 people to switch room access on their sail & sign cards?

Its a long story but we had to book our trip with a different room arrangement because certain people had been on Carnival before and others hadn't. The only way to get the discount/upgrade was to put one past guest in each room.

We didn't think about the fact that the room card is also your sign & sail card. We considered maybe putting each others credit cards on file and then just using the other person's S&S card all week. However, one is a guy and the other is a girl. Do they check the names on the S&S whenever you use it. Sorry, I was really young when I went on my cruise so my parents took care of all the logistics for me.

Thanks in advance!

Once you get on the ship and go to the purser's desk, can you switch up rooms any way you want?

My scenario is that I booked my children with my parents' room b/c of military discount. They've now got the quad room. So I want to switch rooms with them. It was cheaper for the children under the military, I think, than with us. It's a really long story, bad TA situation, and got everything really messed up. I've got 7 cabins booked for a group.

They don't care who sleeps where. You can tell them when you check in who needs keys to which cabin...it really doesn't matter a bit. It's easiest to do it when you are checking in, rather than checking in, and then changing everything!

They don't care who sleeps where. You can tell them when you check in who needs keys to which cabin...it really doesn't matter a bit. It's easiest to do it when you are checking in, rather than checking in, and then changing everything!

On our last cruise I had 5 cabins booked & had to change people around in everyone of them. I had asked could we just do that at check in rather than take keys & start switching (some rooms didn't even have either of the people staying in them...also long story) & I was told no.

What I was told was at check in do not give credit card info. Say that everyone is putting cash down when on board. PVP said it gets too crazy to switch credit card too. Once on board we went to the purser's desk (or Guest Relations if that's the name now?) & asked them to move people around, give new keys, & at that point take people's cash or credit card info. The person that helped me was terrific (oh...there was on-board credits tied into all this too). It took a loooong time to square away everyone involved since we had 5 cabins being changed but the purser I got had the utmost patience. There was, however, a family standing at the desk next to us that wanted to move a minor child in with an over 21 (but not 25 yr. old & the cabin wasn't right next door or across hall) & they were having major problems. I was glad I got the purser I did. OP's situation sounds fairly simple though.

I was wandering about switching sail and sign cards too. I've heard alot of people talk about switching for discount reasons. What about for people under 21? Can we get the cards switched even if it puts a 20 yr old with a 22 yr old? Will they allow that? I know that they don't check rooms so we could technically switch. But we wanted to switch the sail & sign too.

Wouldn't it be easiest to do at Check in before you board the ship?? We also have to do this and want to do it the fastest and easiest way possible. When I booked the 2 rooms it was the Carnival rep on the phone who told me to do this and he said to just tell the purser but I also wondered with the credit situation. Any other experiences on which is the way to go????

Wouldn't it be easiest to do at Check in before you board the ship?? We also have to do this and want to do it the fastest and easiest way possible. When I booked the 2 rooms it was the Carnival rep on the phone who told me to do this and he said to just tell the purser but I also wondered with the credit situation. Any other experiences on which is the way to go????

Last time we let them "fix" it at checkin, they didn't get it right and we still had to go to Purser's desk. That was in Miami about 1 1/2 years ago.

It's done all the time! Just go to the pursers (customer service) desk when you get on-board & they'll get you all fixed up.

Ditto!! Easy and fast to do. I've done it in the past and will be doing it again on our next cruise

Archived