disembarkation question

noobcruiser

The background:

we dock back in seattle on may 31. our original flight time was 1:55pm, however the airline changed the itinerary and that flight is now scheduled for an 11:20am departure.

Here is my question for the experienced cruisers out there: will we have enough time to disembark and make it to seatac for an 11:20am departure or should I contact the airline to reschedule?

thanks in advance.

I would contact the airline and reschedule. If everything goes right and you self disembark, you should make an 11:20 flight, but do you really want to ruin a fantastic cruise by stressing out for your flight?

The background:

we dock back in seattle on may 31. our original flight time was 1:55pm, however the airline changed the itinerary and that flight is now scheduled for an 11:20am departure.

Here is my question for the experienced cruisers out there: will we have enough time to disembark and make it to seatac for an 11:20am departure or should I contact the airline to reschedule?

thanks in advance.

You will need about 1 1/2 hours (they recommend 2) for getting through the airport once you get there...which will take a while. It will take approx. 30 minutes to get to Sea-Tac from the ports, maybe more depending on traffic. You could disembark very early by taking your luggage with you and walkiing right off the ship. Those disembarkers ;) are the ones given priority on Sunday. You MIGHT be able to make it, but I would be sweating it and would probably want more of a time leeway.

Do-able but the stress factor is off the scale. You need to be at the airport an hour before the flight, that makes it 10:20 you need to be at the airport.

I'd try to reschedule and get an early afternoon flight, if possible. It would be a real mood-killer for me to have to rush off the ship like that.

Don,

We're spending time there before the cruise and we plan to visit the city again within a year or two for an actual vacation. The time spent in the city this trip is more of a reconnaissance mission....

Not worth the risk...reschedule for peace of mind. :)

DT

Archived