Sapphire Princess questions

My mom and I have booked this cruise for Mexico in December. Geez, is this ship big! lol I have a couple of questions.

1) Can you use the balcony on sea days?

2) Is the balcony ultimate dining worth the price?

3) I saw that there is an "against the current" lap pool.....is this a popular pool (want to get in some swimming while on vacation)?

4) Is there a "sanctuary" on the ship and what does it entail?

Thanks in advance.

My mom and I have booked this cruise for Mexico in December. Geez, is this ship big! lol I have a couple of questions.

1) Can you use the balcony on sea days?

2) Is the balcony ultimate dining worth the price?

3) I saw that there is an "against the current" lap pool.....is this a popular pool (want to get in some swimming while on vacation)?

4) Is there a "sanctuary" on the ship and what does it entail?

Thanks in advance.

1) You can use you balcony while at sea if the weather/sea conditions are not too bad. You'll probably only get sun good enough for tanning if you're on Caribe or Dolphin decks or at the stern.

2) I've heard others rave about UBD, but it's a personal thing as to cost vs benefits. We haven't done it yet. Chef's Table, on the other hand, was well worth it in our minds.

3) I use the current pool every day. The one on the Sapphire was a bit weaker than the ones on Golden and Ruby, but it still gave a fair workout. Only one or two can swim in the current at a time but the pool is large enough to hold many more out of the current and there are two hot tubs there also. Numerous people try it for the novelty, but not many use it for a serious workout as I do.

4) In Sep08, the Sapphire did not have a sanctuary, but they might have added one by the time you sail in Dec if they haven't done so already.

Archived