Onboard Booking

michael mac

What advantages do you receive when you book your next cruise on board.

Michael.:)

Onboard credit :D the Cruise needs to be 6 days or longer i beleive.

The higher grade room you book the more OBC you receive :)

Gav :cool:

You may also be able to get an extra 10% off on some sailings. Another good thing is that if you usually use a travel agent, they will still get the commission if you then transfer the booking to them. And, as your voyage comes to an end and depression and reality start to sink in, you have another trip to look forward to!

Lesley

Im currently in a scrap with Cunard over an onboard booking I made while we were on the World Cruise in 2008.

It gave me an onboard credit plus an extra 5 % discount on any future cruise I took as long as it was within 4 years and was called "Future Cruise Discount" and the required amount was $USD300.

They did not tell me however, that I had to book this through an American Travel Agency and was useless when I booked the 2009 World Cruise when they came on sale last year.

Cunard are adamant that the $300 deposit paid cannot be applied by any agency in the world other than an American one...however none of the paperwork I received mentioned this. A bit useless when you are in New Zealand.

I would be interested if any one else has had this experience and whether they were able to get around it...........

Im currently in a scrap with Cunard over an onboard booking I made while we were on the World Cruise in 2008.

It gave me an onboard credit plus an extra 5 % discount on any future cruise I took as long as it was within 4 years and was called "Future Cruise Discount" and the required amount was $USD300.

They did not tell me however, that I had to book this through an American Travel Agency and was useless when I booked the 2009 World Cruise when they came on sale last year.

Cunard are adamant that the $300 deposit paid cannot be applied by any agency in the world other than an American one...however none of the paperwork I received mentioned this. A bit useless when you are in New Zealand.

I would be interested if any one else has had this experience and whether they were able to get around it...........

I booked two crossings when on board QM2 last year. When I got home I found that I got a FAR better deal from my TA, I would never book direct with Cunard again. The OBC is not worth it against the great deals you get from a good TA. Cunard wanted £1600 for a one way crossing as I am a single traveller. My TA got me a back to back return crossing (12 days on board as against Cunards 6!) with an upgrade to a balcony (OK not a lot of use mid Atlantic in April!) for less than Cunard wanted one way and even after waving goodbye to my deposit (C'est la vie!) I was still better off. My TA even got me a good deal on November crossing that was less than Cunard wanted and I have an upgrade then as well.

I cannot understand Cunards pricing. Last October on the tandem crossing with QE2, I was on the QM2 and when I asked when I booked if I could add a passenger to my single booking they said no problem. Now, remember that this would include another airfare to New York from Heathrow, food on board etc. When I asked how much it would be (a few weeks later when I ascertained that my pal wanted a free trip to NY and back on the QM2 - I was GIVING Cunard the money anyway and being Scottish that really rankles - it took him about 6 milliseconds to make hs mind up!) they said fine, but there will be an increase in the price, so I braced myself for an extra bill of..............£9.00 , yep NINE pounds (about 16 Dollars for those of you that aren't metric).

Now that doesn't make any sense and shows how much they are ripping us single travellers off! On my own on the next two trips, but he is up for another freebie next year!

Some of the posters on here are US travel agents but are not allowed to advertise as such. Post your email address for a few days and I am sure one will contact you. This has been done before.

Some of the posters on here are US travel agents but are not allowed to advertise as such. Post your email address for a few days and I am sure one will contact you. This has been done before.

Or he can contact that ocean gypsy through the other site... ;)

I had a similar problem with Cunard. We were on last December and tried to book a crossing and a Caribbean for this December. We were told that the fares were already low, so no OBC would be available for those bookings. Imagine the odds of us picking two voyages at random that had already been 'heavily' discounted, so much so in face, they fell out of the OBC realm. The guy in the onboard cruise department advised that the onboard booking amenities are available on 90% of sailings, so we were just unlucky. The brochure delivered to your cabin advising on the onboard booking amenities has NO small print that would have covered the lame excuse we received. When we arrived home, I emailed Cunard, and they advised they would honor the onboard booking amenities if we still wanted to book. We did and had the booking transferred to our agent, and all of a sudden none of our agents amenities were combinable. The whole process left us feeling like it was a scam. We cancelled our booking and I have yet to go back to Cunard for round two to get this sorted. To deal with Cunard customer service you need two things. Rage and time. Right now, I only have rage.

Okay, here are the basic rules. This is in US dollars.. and the booking has to be done by a North American agent.

Deposit amount $300

Onboard credit amount is determined by the length of voyage and category booked. Onboard credit received is only for NON WORLD bookings.

Your rate on non-world voyages is not affected by doing an onboard deposit.

Should you wish to use your onboard deposit for any segment, liner voyage or full world cruise, you do NOT receive any anyboard credit. This includes the transatlantic portions which are part of the world cruise.

Onboard deposits are also known as Future Cruise Deposits. They are not combinable with any Cunard sale an agency may be doing. Agency specific Cunard sales involve reduced deposits and frequently, additional onboard credit.

I have found many of the future cruise sales personnel onboard to be vastly lacking in product knowledge. I cringe every time clients report what's happened in their meetings with these future cruise sales people.

As long as an agency is NOT having a special Cunard sale, onboard booking deposits are FULLY combinable with an agency's group amenity program.

Okay, here are the basic rules. This is in US dollars.. and the booking has to be done by a North American agent.

Deposit amount $300

Onboard credit amount is determined by the length of voyage and category booked. Onboard credit received is only for NON WORLD bookings.

Should you wish to use your onboard deposit for any segment, liner voyage or full world cruise, you do NOT receive any anyboard credit. This includes the transatlantic portions which are part of the world cruise.

Onboard deposits are also known as Future Cruise Deposits. They are not combinable with any Cunard sale an agency may be doing. Agency specific Cunard sales involve reduced deposits and frequently, additional onboard credit.

I have found many of the future cruise sales personnel onboard to be vastly lacking in product knowledge. I cringe every time clients report what's happened in their meetings with these future cruise sales people.

As long as an agency is NOT having a special Cunard sale, onboard booking deposits are FULLY combinable with an agency's group amenity program.

Mornington Crescent.

(The Americans won't get that one - a bit of a British joke!)

Do I get my prize now?

Seriously, HOW complicated is that? Does anyone know a Philledelphia Lawyer?

My experience. I cruised the Caribbean in January and while on that cruise booked another cruise in the Meditteranean in September which is a 12 day cruies. I paid a $300 deposit and received $600 on board credit. The cruise was then transfered to my TA in the UK who then gave me their discount. I have booked a balcony cabin albeit in hull. Ocean view and inside apparently receive a lower OBC.

Deposit amount $300

yes...thanks this is exactly what I am talking about...HOWEVER....they dont tell you that if you wish to avail yourself and use your deposit against a future cruise that you MUST book through and American agent.

With the current exchange rate it is doubtful that I would, as it is, and as I proved this year it is far more economical to book through the Australian Office for us Antipodeans.

Im just a bit narked that I will have to kiss the $usd300 goodbye as nothing in any of my paperwork or conversations with the service staff before handing the money over was this vital piece of information imparted.......

In a perfect society.....heads would roll!

Im just a bit narked that I will have to kiss the $usd300 goodbye as nothing in any of my paperwork or conversations with the service staff before handing the money over was this vital piece of information imparted.......

Roscoe, we always book a non-specific future cruise while on board for 300 USD each. We understood that if you decided for any reason that you did not want to book another cruise, this deposit would be refunded. Why don't you just ask Cunard to refund your $300?

I booked a future cruise while on board last September. Due to illness in the family I had to cancel. Cunard was to refund the $300. cruise deposit, did not happen. I called World Club at 1-800-7CUNARD ( I realize this is a US number) and it hopefully was all straightened out for me, although I have yet to see the credit on my statement from the credit card company. Worth a try.

Good luck,

B.

I booked a future cruise while on board last September. Due to illness in the family I had to cancel. Cunard was to refund the $300. cruise deposit' date=' did not happen. I called World Club at 1-800-7CUNARD ( I realize this is a US number) and it hopefully was all straightened out for me, although I have yet to see the credit on my statement from the credit card company. Worth a try.

Good luck,

B.[/quote']

When you cancel a cruise deposited with an FCC, the FCC is put back into your World Club account. You have to call CWC to have the $$ refunded back to your credit card.

FCC's are good for 4 years.

To use a FCC - easy if you speak as you book to a good US agent.

Ignore what you are told on board. Go by the good US agent.

Obviously, you have to find some sort of special traveller of the seas to find a really good agent. But you may find one closer than you think.

I booked two crossings when on board QM2 last year. When I got home I found that I got a FAR better deal from my TA, I would never book direct with Cunard again. The OBC is not worth it against the great deals you get from a good TA. Cunard wanted £1600 for a one way crossing as I am a single traveller. My TA got me a back to back return crossing (12 days on board as against Cunards 6!) with an upgrade to a balcony (OK not a lot of use mid Atlantic in April!) for less than Cunard wanted one way and even after waving goodbye to my deposit (C'est la vie!) I was still better off. My TA even got me a good deal on November crossing that was less than Cunard wanted and I have an upgrade then as well.

I cannot understand Cunards pricing. Last October on the tandem crossing with QE2, I was on the QM2 and when I asked when I booked if I could add a passenger to my single booking they said no problem. Now, remember that this would include another airfare to New York from Heathrow, food on board etc. When I asked how much it would be (a few weeks later when I ascertained that my pal wanted a free trip to NY and back on the QM2 - I was GIVING Cunard the money anyway and being Scottish that really rankles - it took him about 6 milliseconds to make hs mind up!) they said fine, but there will be an increase in the price, so I braced myself for an extra bill of..............£9.00 , yep NINE pounds (about 16 Dollars for those of you that aren't metric).

Now that doesn't make any sense and shows how much they are ripping us single travellers off! On my own on the next two trips, but he is up for another freebie next year!

I have booked just once on board, but my TS gave me a FAR better deal as well, I have since booked all my crossings etc with them.

Gavinw, you didnt come along to the CC meeting on board QM2. that was a great crossing

Roscoe, we always book a non-specific future cruise while on board for 300 USD each. We understood that if you decided for any reason that you did not want to book another cruise, this deposit would be refunded. Why don't you just ask Cunard to refund your $300?

interesting cornus..where are you based...in the US or UK?..im led to believe from Cunard in Australia that it was non refundable.......something that was verbalised when we booked....but not written in the paperwork. In NZ law they wouldnt have a leg to stand on but not so in their world...apparently...haha

To use a FCC - easy if you speak as you book to a good US agent.

Ignore what you are told on board. Go by the good US agent.

Obviously, you have to find some sort of special traveller of the seas to find a really good agent. But you may find one closer than you think.

Huh?????? sorry Bearly can you elaborate?

thanks ocngypc, ill try Cunard Australia again....not that I dont want to travel on my beloved QV again....just not pay the US rates Ive been quoted and then have to deal with the exchange rates again...hahah

I have booked just once on board, but my TS gave me a FAR better deal as well, I have since booked all my crossings etc with them.

Gavinw, you didnt come along to the CC meeting on board QM2. that was a great crossing

I didn't know about CC then... :-( It was a good crossing and I loved the QM2. I was one of the guys taking photos of a penguin all over the ship on the last day! Meeting up with some CCers this time. Just booked 15th April crossing next year. This is getting expensive!:eek:

Archived