walking shoes

Thanks so much. I just ordered and got a pair for $96 with the 20% and 10% off!!! Wanted to do it today before the 20% expired.

For anyone interested this is a ONE DAY SALE for Mother's Day.

Maybe in about a week you could use the code DAD and get a discount? Does it say to put the code in for additional credit? I just saw where to put a code. Wondered if it said to use MOM?

If you have a Walking Store near you, check out their shoes. Their employees are very knowledgable and take the time to measure your feet and watch you walk to see if you pronate, etc... I am a huge fan of The Walking Store and their customer service. The Ecco Yucatans, that I first heard about here, are fabulous! My feet get so hot in "sneakers"!

Maybe in about a week you could use the code DAD and get a discount? Does it say to put the code in for additional credit? I just saw where to put a code. Wondered if it said to use MOM?

Yes I used the Mom code.

If you have a Walking Store near you, check out their shoes. Their employees are very knowledgable and take the time to measure your feet and watch you walk to see if you pronate, etc... I am a huge fan of The Walking Store and their customer service. The Ecco Yucatans, that I first heard about here, are fabulous! My feet get so hot in "sneakers"!

I got my Ecco Yucatans on line at shoebuy.com for 20% less on a coupon and then a 10% for bring a member. Final cost was $93.56 plus free shipping.

I have the opposite problem of all of you mentioning you have wide feet. The only thing about me that is skinny is my feet. They are narrow and rather flat and metatarsal problems. I have a terrible time finding something that feels good.

I went to my local "comfort zone" store and tried the Ecco Yucatans on that you are all recommending. Yes, my feet were already tired and sore when I tried them on. I expected that they were going to feel like I was walking on a cloud, but they didn't. Due to the high recommendation that you all gave them and the lady at the store said they are her highest selling walking sandal, I went ahead and bought them. I will be walking around my house with them for awhile to try them out.

They do fit well, but not as comfortable and cozy as I had hope for.

Got any more recommendations?

I have the opposite problem of all of you mentioning you have wide feet. The only thing about me that is skinny is my feet. They are narrow and rather flat and metatarsal problems. I have a terrible time finding something that feels good.

I went to my local "comfort zone" store and tried the Ecco Yucatans on that you are all recommending. Yes, my feet were already tired and sore when I tried them on. I expected that they were going to feel like I was walking on a cloud, but they didn't. Due to the high recommendation that you all gave them and the lady at the store said they are her highest selling walking sandal, I went ahead and bought them. I will be walking around my house with them for awhile to try them out.

Hey Sherry,

I've got a similar problem, not narrow feet rather an unusual combination last, a "B" forefoot and a "AAA" heel, also the start of a bunion on one foot and very low arches. I have a very hard time finding shoes that fit. The Yucatans are good because you can adjust them in so many places, so they aren't moving around on your foot when you walk, thus providing good stability. Plus they have really decent arch support. I hope once you get used to them you'll be glad you bought them.

On the other hand, I did try on a pair of Teva Open Toachi's that were very good comfort and support wise, but I turned them down solely on appearance, that is they looked too much like an adventure sandal, as if I were about to embark on a river rafting trip. I wanted something more "urban" and with the two side by side the Yucatans won out.

I have very narrow feet and bunions on my right foot. I pronate and have a high arch that collapses as I walk.

I just bought these shoes at a local shoe store:

http://www.leathersandals.com/naot_shoes/74100.html

So far so good! They are cute on and the adjustability is great. They have nice arch support and even have a removable insole to accomodate a custom orthotic or you just order the new insole when you wear that insole out! They should last a good long time.

I plan to try other Naot shoes. They are pricey, but my feet say its worth it! :)

One other thing.....the padded back strap is great!!!!

I like the looks of your Naot shoes. I have a pair of sandals by Earth also that I bought a couple of years ago at a "Walking Company" store and I recently got them out of my closet and starting wearing them and they are really great. Their web site is www.earth.us

The web site was on the bottom of my shoes. I looked at this web site and they don't have the shoes I have any more. I did try on a pair of this brand at my local Whole Foods Market and they seemed a little harder to get used to. A little different way to walk, sort of. But, the pair of sandals I have are great.

I am going to look at more of those Naot shoes. Although, very expensive if my feet don't hurt they are worth it. I like that they have dress shoes also.

Thank you.

On the advice of someone on one of these boards, a friend and I both recently ordered MBT shoes. We have different types of chronic foot pain problems - she has bunions and I have plantar faschitis (sp.) and very high arches that need a lot of support. They're expensive, ugly - and utterly fabulous! I don't think either of us has taken them off except to shower and sleep since they arrived. With narrow feet, you'll probably want something like a running/walking shoe or a pair of sandals with adjustable straps.

After I heard about them, I did some serious internet research on them and the only negative I could find is that they're horribly expensive. I also researched prices and Footwear, Etc. appears to have the best. They have free shipping/return and several pairs of sale shoes. I ordered a pair of Mary Jane's that were $235 at Zappo's and $160 on sale at this place.

We both like them so much that we're getting ready to order more - despite the price. Neither of us has ever had on anything that felt that good on our feet!

Donia

When we are in Europe we do a lot of walking. Normally, we are there for 25-30 days per visit. Both DW and I have trouble getting a good fit. I think that everyone is different and each manufacturer has a slightly different last. We always put comfort above fashion. We travel with three pairs of shoes-one sandal and two walking (that includes the pair on our feet). We like to change our walking shoes-often mid day or evening before going out again. We are very light travellers so the heaviest pair normally go on our feet when we are in transit. We wear shoes that fit right and have a bit of ankle support-it is very easy to twist you ankle on those cobblestones if you are not wearing good shoes.

I like the looks of your Naot shoes. I have a pair of sandals by Earth also that I bought a couple of years ago at a "Walking Company" store and I recently got them out of my closet and starting wearing them and they are really great. Their web site is www.earth.us

The web site was on the bottom of my shoes. I looked at this web site and they don't have the shoes I have any more. I did try on a pair of this brand at my local Whole Foods Market and they seemed a little harder to get used to. A little different way to walk, sort of. But, the pair of sandals I have are great.

I am going to look at more of those Naot shoes. Although, very expensive if my feet don't hurt they are worth it. I like that they have dress shoes also.

Thank you.

Sherry, Thanks for the link to the Earth shoes. I just noticed that we have a "Walking Company" here so I'll have to go check the store out. According to their website, they carry Naot shoes as well so maybe you can try some on there. I liked their dress shoes as well. Some of their shoes that don't have the removable insole are cut on the slightly narrow side. I haven't tried those type yet, but plan to.

I've really learned a lot of helpful information on this thread! Thanks everyone!

When we are in Europe we do a lot of walking. Normally, we are there for 25-30 days per visit. Both DW and I have trouble getting a good fit. I think that everyone is different and each manufacturer has a slightly different last. We always put comfort above fashion. We travel with three pairs of shoes-one sandal and two walking (that includes the pair on our feet). We like to change our walking shoes-often mid day or evening before going out again. We are very light travellers so the heaviest pair normally go on our feet when we are in transit. We wear shoes that fit right and have a bit of ankle support-it is very easy to twist you ankle on those cobblestones if you are not wearing good shoes.

This is great advice. I found out the hard way when I ended up with blisters after a day of walking. Now I carry an extra pair of shoes on tours. I just leave them on the bus in my seat or in the hired car when on long day tours.

Does anybody have any experience with Onesoles shoes - they are apparently interchangeable tops with a basic wedge sole. I have wide feet and am curious what people think of them.:confused:

I've seen them mentioned on some other threads. A lot of people seem to love them.

I tried on a pair at a local shoe store about a month ago. They are really stretchy so would probably work for a wider foot. It didn't work for my narrow foot, although they said they could order me a smaller top for the shoe. If you send them an e-mail, they will write back with the names of local stores that carry them (if you haven't run across them already).

I thought they were pretty cute and I loved the idea of the interchangeable tops!

I've seen them mentioned on some other threads. A lot of people seem to love them.

I tried on a pair at a local shoe store about a month ago. They are really stretchy so would probably work for a wider foot. It didn't work for my narrow foot, although they said they could order me a smaller top for the shoe. If you send them an e-mail, they will write back with the names of local stores that carry them (if you haven't run across them already).

I thought they were pretty cute and I loved the idea of the interchangeable tops!

It sure does seem like a great idea for traveling - (I usually have a suitcase just for my shoes:rolleyes:)

It sure does seem like a great idea for traveling - (I usually have a suitcase just for my shoes:rolleyes:)

LOL. I am trying desperately to only take 4 pairs of shoes on my cruise....one of which I will be wearing.

I ran across a couple of other websites that carry interchangeable shoes:

http://clickerssandals.com/

http://www.snaponsandals.com/

http://www.switchflops.com/cart/home.php?xid=1ee4a7da179976634c6aad167a6c4f39

I tried on the Switchflops but my foot was too narrow for them. They were really cute though.

Another suggestion: 1803's

Extremely comfortable-just spent all weekend in them walking around Boston-but also stylish, if that matters to you.

I bought the Yucatan's too, as my switch-off pair, and also plan to change midway through the day. I was going to order them online, based on all the recommendations and once i tried them on, I knew why you all liked them so much.I found them at the Tannery in Boston, so I just asked for a discount, and they gave me 20%. These days, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

[quote=cruisin' judi;19067023]I wear crocs all the time at home and at work. Would they be out of place in Europe?

Judi[/quote]

Some people think we should "hide" the fact that we're tourists, and especially American tourists, they recommend we not wear anything that the locals don't. But the reality is that European locals know you're a tourist even if you dress just like them. Your speech and mannerisms give you away.

And what's so bad about being a tourist?? We're helping their economy and gaining wonderful experiences and insight into their culture. I dress for comfort and don't worry if I wear things that the locals don't. I also love my Crocs; and BTW, I saw lots of them on locals when I was in Europe a few weeks ago. They also wear jogging shoes and jeans. Of course, many women wear pointy-toed shoes with 4 inch heels, but they're not walking all day long while sightseeing! :p So, go ahead and wear comfortable walking shoes or you'll be miserable at the end of a long day on your feet.

My recommendation: Keen H2. But they're for people with wide feet like mine. So comfortable. I walked 5-10 mi. per day for 2 weeks in them and felt great.

Archived