Just off Freedom...W. Caribbean 4/5-4/11

jbroons

OK Guys, AKA John & Bonnie, here's the photo montage of our cruise. It's really long, so if you're going to watch it I suggest making yourself a tropical drink and getting comfy;) Also, the first two songs are kind of annoying, but I couldn't help using them since they fit so perfectly! By the time you finish you will be so sick of seeing me and my family that you will never post to me again, but you asked for it so here it is :)

http://www.vimeo.com/4888988

*the video will take a minute or so to load, and be sure to move the curser off to the side after it starts. !,000 bonus points to anyone that can watch the whole thing.....it's really long, and probably really boring if your not in our family...don't say you weren't warned ;)

That was awesome! I loved all the music you picked out. It fit perfectly. You have a beautiful family and looks like everyone had a great time. We will be on the Freedom June 26th, same iternary. We're so excited. Hope we take as many great pics as you guys did. Great job!!!

OK Guys, AKA John & Bonnie, here's the photo montage of our cruise. It's really long, so if you're going to watch it I suggest making yourself a tropical drink and getting comfy;) Also, the first two songs are kind of annoying, but I couldn't help using them since they fit so perfectly! By the time you finish you will be so sick of seeing me and my family that you will never post to me again, but you asked for it so here it is :)

*the video will take a minute or so to load, and be sure to move the curser off to the side after it starts. !,000 bonus points to anyone that can watch the whole thing.....it's really long, and probably really boring if your not in our family...don't say you weren't warned ;)

That was AWESOME!!!!!!! Perfect music & LOVED the pics!! We are of Freedom in 57 days....DH, me, DD17, DS20, my DSis & her DH, & their DD, her DH & their DDs ages 1 & 2. Can not wait!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Wow! Thanks for loving it!!!!!! And thanks for the sweet compliments John :o. It was of course the trip of a lifetime. My daughter was sitting quietly in the back of the minivan (AKA "mom mobile" yuck) yesterday and out of nowhere she said "I miss our Carnival Cruise". All I could say was "Me too :(" The photo montage was a lot of work (mostly picking music) but it's a priceless relioving of the trip. I made it on PhotoStory, I think it's a free download.

Thanks again for watching it and loving it so much. And john I agree that the pick of Chloe in the window is so swet....I just hope she remembers the trip forever. Or maybe we will go on so many cruises that they will all just blend together in her mind....wouldn't that be nice? :D

What a great video! You have a wonderful family and it's nice to see a loving family spend time together. We leave on the Freedom on 9/26/09 can't wait. Tell your daughter I will be thinking of her having the time of her life.:)

I got the olympus that's waterproof from Costco. I can't remember which one, and it's lost right now :( We used it for all of the photos except most of Key West I used my DSLR. My only complaint is we seemed to get a ton of lens flare...other then that it was great:) Thanks to everyone for saying such nice things about my family, I'll have to come back to this thread and read those posts when I'm at my wits end with them, LOL! And John, yes....my children will be crazy tall;) My husband is 6'6" so they have no chance at being "regular" sized:)

I got the olympus that's waterproof from Costco. I can't remember which one, and it's lost right now :( We used it for all of the photos except most of Key West I used my DSLR. My only complaint is we seemed to get a ton of lens flare...other then that it was great:) Thanks to everyone for saying such nice things about my family, I'll have to come back to this thread and read those posts when I'm at my wits end with them, LOL! And John, yes....my children will be crazy tall;) My husband is 6'6" so they have no chance at being "regular" sized:)

What is your dog's name? Is he/she a maltese? Beautiful!!

Will it be tall as well??

She's a Lahsa-Poo :) Her name is Lacey and she's my baby;) She's 2 years old, and the hardest part about or cruise (the only hard part actually) was leaving her behind. We had a neighbor coming 3 times a day to take care of her, but several neighbors (including the one taking care of her) said that every time they passed the house she was sitting in the window waiting for us:( I wish dogs could cruise! She will be tall too....or at least think she is, LOL! I guess I should probably change my avitar to something cruise-ish and non-Christmasy:p

Do you have another cruise booked yet?

Carrie, I almost gave up but I'm glad I didn't because it was well worth the wait! What a beautiful family you are! You, my dear, are simply gorgeous and that hunky hubby of yours is not hard on the eyes either. Your sons are handsome, and look like they are having fun together. Your darling daughter is just too darn cute. I almost teared up when I saw the pic of you and her in matching black/white on cruise elegant night. Ooh la-la!

Your pictures are incredible. I don't know how you managed to climb Dunn's Falls with 3 children AND take pictures along the way. Kudos to you. Love the hair braids on your daughter.

This is the stuff memories are made of! Thanks for sharing with us.:)

Great video, thanks for sharing:D

We LOVED Native Way!!! In fact, I booked with them because of John's review of them in the begining of (this now epic) thread :)

Annie we didn't climb the falls, we just hopped into the water from the stairs a few times...that was hard enough:D Keaton (middle son) slipped down at the bottom, really, really, hard. My heart about stopped, but he popped right and said "I'm OK!" Phew...it was a close call, needless to say we "climbed" up the stairs after that. I really don't think it's very safe, especially after that guy on our ship broke his collar bone and something else I think? You all sure know how to make this every day soccer mom feel like a rock star;) Thanks:o

You know, I kind of thought the same thing about the decor when I saw pics on the website. I don't know why, but once we were on the ship I loved it. Maybe it was just the combination of everything, but I wouldn't have changed a thing, including the decor. Heck, I would have that decor in my house if it came with a cabin steward, ocean view and warm choc. melting cake:p

We LOVED Native Way!!! In fact, I booked with them because of John's review of them in the begining of (this now epic) thread :)

Annie we didn't climb the falls, we just hopped into the water from the stairs a few times...that was hard enough:D Keaton (middle son) slipped down at the bottom, really, really, hard. My heart about stopped, but he popped right and said "I'm OK!" Phew...it was a close call, needless to say we "climbed" up the stairs after that. I really don't think it's very safe, especially after that guy on our ship broke his collar bone and something else I think? You all sure know how to make this every day soccer mom feel like a rock star;) Thanks:o

As soon as me and the girls started our way up the Falls, the guides told us to stop & wait. We then saw other guides carrying a women down on a stretcher. She was in really bad shape...I felt so bad for her!!

AWESOME video Carrie!!!!! so glad I took the time to watch! thanks for posting it!!

and your family is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!

Isn't Meg's video fantastic....I actually got a bit weepy:(

Yanks/Red Sox....first and second place as usual...YAY!!!

Isn't Meg's video fantastic....I actually got a bit weepy:(

Yanks/Red Sox....first and second place as usual...YAY!!!

Yes- FANTASTIC!!

we so can't wait!!! we talk about it all the time and have such a long way to go!!!

Gotta Love an exciting baseball season- go SOX!!!! :p

I know Grand Cayman is a tender port (I hope we make it there this time, missed it for weather problems on the Legend:()

I believe we dock in Key West and Jamaica.

Which side of the ship faces each port when docked?

Great video NewbieMom - I watched it at work then got home and made hubby watch it...so after 2 viewings I feel like I know your whole family...DH and I will be on the same itinerary 8/23 and seeing your video has me EVEN MORE excited about crusiing in 82 days...thanks again for taking the time to share.

I know Grand Cayman is a tender port (I hope we make it there this time, missed it for weather problems on the Legend:()

I believe we dock in Key West and Jamaica.

Which side of the ship faces each port when docked?

Starboard.

Newbiemom (and anyone else),

What did you think of the tubing in Jamaica? My husband wants laid back and thta looked like it might be fun.

it was FABULOUS!!!!!!! Do it for sure! It was very fun and relaxing and beautiful....with a few tiny raipds thrown in to keep it interesting;) The guide had a deep beautiful voice and he sang loudly the whole trip down the river. In fact, the song he sang is in the video....the one that goes "Don't wor-ry...about a thing....every little thing...is gonna be alraight!" I think he sang that because my daughter was a little scared and crying at the begining, she calmed down when she realized how fun it was. It was incredible!!!!!!!!

it was FABULOUS!!!!!!! Do it for sure! It was very fun and relaxing and beautiful....with a few tiny raipds thrown in to keep it interesting;) The guide had a deep beautiful voice and he sang loudly the whole trip down the river. In fact, the song he sang is in the video....the one that goes "Don't wor-ry...about a thing....every little thing...is gonna be alraight!" I think he sang that because my daughter was a little scared and crying at the begining, she calmed down when she realized how fun it was. It was incredible!!!!!!!!

Apparently your video is a HUGE hit!!! Thanks Meg!! Great job as well!!;)

(Cause every little tings gonna be alright)!...My daughter Kyra's favorite Marley song...Three Little Birds.

Archived