Independence Air

kdickers

Anyone know anything about Independence Air??
I don't know much about their service standards (though I've heard good things too).

But if you're booking for the purposes of your cruise next June, you should be aware that they are currently working hard to avoid going into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, as they are not doing as well financially as they had hoped. They have made quite a name for themselves already, but the first quarter of each year is usually the hardest for all airlines, and there are many variables which will affect whether they survive or not. It'll be the usual trade-off between (amongst other factors) what's good, what's cheap and what's stable.

Thanks AGAIN Globaliser,

When I checked online last night they were only accepting reservations through April 05 anyway . . . so couldn't really see what kind of rates would even be available for cruisetime anyway!!

Someone recently told me about them and I just hadn't even heard of them before. I'm continuing to check around for the best price but didn't want to really book anything until the first of the year anyway . . . figured we'd all get through Christmas FIRST!!! lol

Kim

• 4 weeks later...

While they have cheap fare's, my family did not have a good experience on them. If you are traveling with anyone that is tall, my husband and dad are 6'1" and 6'5" respectively, it was very cramped for us. They had to duck walking down the aisle on the plane. The seats are very small, so if you are larger than a size 12 get ready for a little squeeze. The service on the plane was wonderful though.

Our big problem was on our return flight. At check in they insisted that my parents were booked on an earlier flight and had missed it. I knew that was not true because I made all the reservations together. They told them they would have to buy new seats to get on the plane. We stood at the counter forever talking to the agent telling her that was incorrect and even told her were the seat assignments were. She said that she found 2 seats for them and let them on. As soon as we got home I checked the confirmations again and my parents were on the correct flight. I am still puzzled at how this type of mistake could have been made on their parts. Be sure to keep all your confirmation information with you! :eek:

My husband used IA for a business trip recently and absolutely loved them. He said the planes were very nicely appointed, staff all very courteous, and the seats were comfortable (he's 6', 235).

My 15yo daughter just flew with them to Dulles by herself. She had a great flight and found the trip very uneventful.

Archived