Cruise personilzer

des smith

Can somebody help,

I have booked a cruise thru a T/A for the pacific sun in Feb 2010.

A friend told me i can go into P&O website and add details to my cruise personizler?

When i went there it said i needed a ref # I have only paid a deposit as yet so will i get a ref # when paid in full or should i have one now.?.When i asked the T/A they said "oh dont worry about that it not important." I have tried emailing P&o but havnt had a response...:confused:

Can somebody help,

I have booked a cruise thru a T/A for the pacific sun in Feb 2010.

A friend told me i can go into P&O website and add details to my cruise personizler?

When i went there it said i needed a ref # I have only paid a deposit as yet so will i get a ref # when paid in full or should i have one now.?.When i asked the T/A they said "oh dont worry about that it not important." I have tried emailing P&o but havnt had a response...:confused:

Hi, when you paid your deposit, and got a receipt....did it have a booking number on it ...(they are usually a number followed by several letters of the alphabet ), if not, then I would contact your TA again....

and ask for your booking number.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Hi Des,

Your TA should give you your booking number. I don't agree with the TA's comment that it isn't important. I think it is very important. I check our personalizer a few times a week. Seeing our details on the P & O website makes the cruise seems very real.:D The practical reason to check is so you will pick up any changes in your booking - up-grade of cabin etc.

As Lorraine mentioned, you might already have your booking number on a receipt from yout TA. It is a six digit number starting with '6' and made up of a mixture of letters and numbers. P & O would not be able to give it to you because they need that number to access your info. In addition, if you have booked through a TA, the P & O call centre will tell you that you have to deal through the TA. That's what they are paid commission for.

Ask you TA again. They have no reason (except incompetence) for refusing to give it to you. Sorry if I sound too direct. :D:D

Evon.

Hi Des,

I too have 2 cruises booked and have only paid the deposits. On my receipt from my T/A it has my booking number and I am able to access my cruise personaliser. Mind you my T/A had already filled in everything that needed to be, I do check it from time to time to see if there have been any changes but the only thing that may change will be the cabin # and that won't happen until a lot closer to sailway.

Other CC's correct me if I'm wrong, apart from your cruise summary, personal details, emergency contact details, passport details, cabin etc is there anything else that you should be able to see. I know a lot of CCs get excited about looking at the personaliser but to me it just confirms that I'm in P&Os system for my particular cruises. When do they put the shore tours on there so if you want to book through them?

Cheers

Jingles.:)

Hi Jingles,

The shore tours can be booked well ahead. I think it is 120 days. We always do our own tours. :):)

Evon.

Thanks Evon,

Looks like I should see them in about 40+ days then. I agree and will probably be doing our own tours, but will check out what P&O have to offer and then research on here of course. Only dilema I see with booking separately is what happens if you don't arrive (due to weather) or are delayed when you have booked privately?

Cheers

Jingles.

Thanks Evon,

Looks like I should see them in about 40+ days then. I agree and will probably be doing our own tours, but will check out what P&O have to offer and then research on here of course. Only dilema I see with booking separately is what happens if you don't arrive (due to weather) or are delayed when you have booked privately?

Cheers

Jingles.

Most times the local operator does not require payment up-front. The one place that I know asks for credit card details (the Arts Village at Pacific Harbour outside Suva) did not debit Rob's credit card when the Pacific Dawn missed Suva on our recent cruise. He went to the trouble of phoning them from the ship to make sure, but they had already been advised by the ship's Suva agent that the ship's tours were cancelled.

On one of our cruises last year we were into Suva late and had booked the Arts Village. Our bus was waiting for us and the tour started a bit late, as did the tours from the ship.

Some people are concerned they will be delayed on tour and miss the ship. We haven't been even close to missing the ship on our many many cruises. We usually do a tour in the morning and if it is going to run longer, make sure we are within striking distance of the ship within the last couple of hours before departure. The only full day tours we have done in recent years are in Apia where the ship's departure was sheduled for 8pm (one cruise) and midnight (2nd cruise).:):)

Evon.

Evon.

I have now been able to access cruise personlizer.All is good, asked travel agent again as it wasnt on my paperwork.

Another question....how soon would i be able to view the tours for this cruise...nothing showing as yet on the p&o website?

I have now been able to access cruise personlizer.All is good, asked travel agent again as it wasnt on my paperwork.

Another question....how soon would i be able to view the tours for this cruise...nothing showing as yet on the p&o website?

Hi Des,

I believe you can book tours about 120 days prior to the cruise. You should be able to check now what tours will (likely) be available. At the top of the P & O page click on the box 'Shore Tours' and follow the prompts to specify the destination. It will then give full details and prices on tours offered in that port. :):)

Evon.

Thanks Ela 2

I had a look at the tours but none available at this stage. guess ill just have to keep checking for an update.

You might be doing something different from what I am doing!:):)

I suggest you follow this procedure: open up 'P & O Cruises' and click on 'Cruise Personalizer'. Don't go into your own booking. Click on 'Shore Tours' on the bar across the top of the page, then enter the destination (Pacific/'South Pacific), then the port (eg Noumea etc.). The tours should be there.:)

Evon.

Thanks again Ela 2 for percerveering with me.LOL but when i click on destinations it only has australia/newzealand or south pacific. not indonesia which is hwere this cruise is heading. unless im am still doing something wrong?:confused:. They do however have Geraldton and Broome!!:)

Archived