Atlantis Sub Ultimate Wall Dive

rkacruiser

My wife and I did it 5 years ago on our honeymoon cruise. It was kinda cool going into a sub and going under water, but we went on a rainy day and couldn't see anything. Even if we could have seen everything, I don't think it is worth the inflated price. It's like being at an aquarium, only the fish are looking at you in captivity! Hope it helps.

Thank you for your reply. I am surprised, however, by part of your response. How would a rainy day on the surface have any impact upon what you saw or didn't see under the ocean's surface? Did the sub not have its own lights to illuminate the area in which you were diving? One does not have to go down too deeply before much light from the Sun is lost.

It has been my impression that this trip goes down along the Cayman Wall. Is this not what your dive do?

rka cruiser,

The clouds limited the amount of sunlight coming through the water, and for some reason, teh water was very cloudy that day. I dunno if it was the weather or something else, but it wasn't worth it IMHO. I hope if you should choose this mission, that you have better luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this tour is still closed because of the hurricane. My wife and I were going to do it at the end of January and they said it wouldn't be open by then. We decided to do the Atlantis sub in Cozumel instead. Let me know if there is any updated information. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived