Private Guide in Jordan

2travelers

Hi - We leave in 5 days for Ancient Egypt and the Nile, and are getting more excited by the minute. My DH and I are taking the post tour to Jordan. I just reread the information on Jordan and realize that we have an optional day of touring to Jerash and Ajuin. Seems to me from reading the description that we might just be sitting on a bus all day. I had posted here a few months ago asking for some private guides in Jordan. Someone, and of course I can't find the post :o, reccommended Jamil Jumaa (am I allowed to say that on the boards???) - I e-mailed him back in January and never got a response. As usual, I got busy and forgot about it, and while I have been following the posts on Egypt, there is not too much on Jordan. Today, I received an e-mail from Jamil letting me know that he was available and what tours he suggests. He did mention that his e-mail was down and that was why it took so long for him to get back to me. My question to you guys is - has anyone had any contact or have any information on him. I remember the CC memeber spoke highly of him - I just need some reassurance before I decided to go with him.

Thanks,

Ronnie

How do I contact Jamil Jumaa? Does he have a website or email address? What type of tour did you have with him? I will be in Jordon for a week before our cruise from Dubai. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, Sue

Hi Traveling Sue - I have been in contact with Jamil for the past several days. He will be taking us out on May 4th. We leave for Egypt and the Nile on Saturday. As I mentioned, just my husband and I are going on the post-tour to Jordan. Our friends are heading home. Jamil made some suggestions and I did a bit of research and we decided on a full day in Jerash, Anjuin and Um Qais. He suggested we stop for lunch in Jerash. My husband was a bit concerned with Um Qais because of safety issues. Jamil responded promptly letting me know that it is a big tourist attraction and that it is perfectly safe. Since I have not yet met Jamil, I can only point you to the tripadvisor post I read about him. If you google his name you will find the tripadvisor post - it is almost one page long. You can reach him at Jamil_Jumaa@hotmail.com. You cannot have him for May 4th :D. We will be back on May 8th so I will post then and let you know how the tour was.

What part of New Jersey are you from?

Ronnie

iwish you could send me supposed program for jordon

Hi - We are going with GCT to Jordan. I can tell you that on day one we will be touring the City of Amman in the morning and the Dead Sea in the afternoon. On day two we are touring with a private guide to Jerash, Ajuin and Un Qais. Day three we are heading to Petra with our group. On the way we stop at Madeba and Mt Nebo. We spend the next day in Petra. The last day we have the option of touring Wadi Rum. That is the itinerary for our 4 days in Jordan. Hope this helps. If you are going to hire a private guide, ask the guide to make suggestions and to work out itineraries for the days you are going. We have done this many times over the years, and have never been disappointed.

Good Luck.

Ronnie

Ronnie,

Thanks for the information. You will love Egypt!!! We toured Egypt two years ago and thought it was fascinating. There are so many things to see and do. We are going to Jordon in May, after you get back. We are thinking of renting a car and driving to Petra and the Dead Sea area on our own, but want a tour to see Jerash, Ajlun and Um Qais. We do not want to drive around Amman with all the traffic. I will send Jamil an email and see what types of tours he offers.

Thanks again. We are from Central Jersey at the Shore. We are you from?

Sue

Ronnie,

Thanks for the information. You will love Egypt!!! We toured Egypt two years ago and thought it was fascinating. There are so many things to see and do. We are going to Jordon in May, after you get back. We are thinking of renting a car and driving to Petra and the Dead Sea area on our own, but want a tour to see Jerash, Ajlun and Um Qais. We do not want to drive around Amman with all the traffic. I will send Jamil an email and see what types of tours he offers.

Thanks again. We are from Central Jersey at the Shore. We are you from?

Sue

Hi - did you read the post from TripAdvisor? Seems these people were going to rent a car and drive through Isreal and Jordan. Somehow they wound up with Jamil. If you read it you will see all the places they went, and it will give you a good idea of the sights. I just did a bit of research and saw where the tour group was going and then asked Jamil for suggestions. He has been e-mailing me back and forth - so tell him that I suggested you e-mail him and see where he thinks you should go. Since he knows the area and traffic patterns it is a lot easier for him to decide what routes to take and what places to see first. if you can't find the post in Trip Advisor I will see if I can find the link. We leave in three days and I still have to pack. Have been checking the weather and hopefully it will not be too hot.

We are also from Central NJ - but I think further north than you are -

Ronnie

I will let you know how we enjoyed Jamil once we get home.

• 8 months later...

Archived