Copenhagen - airport to pier by train & canal tours

Hi, after reading for many hours I have found some great info! Thanks everyone. A couple more questions:

If taking the train from the aiport to the cruise pier I read that you should take the train to Osterport. I don't see this stop on the train map. Which line is it?

Also, for the canal tours. If we buy the SPH CARD will be get money off the tours? Which do you suggest?

Did you look at the Metro map?

You need to take the normal train to Østerport, the airport train station is named Kbh./Kastrup in this timetable.

http://www.dsbfirst.dk/cs/BlobServer?blobtable=Download&blobcol=urldownload&blobheader=application/pdf&blobkey=id&blobwhere=1148307291367&ssbinary=true&filename=file.pdf

Thank you SOOO much! I was looking at the downtown metro trains, not the regular trains. Does anyone know if the SPH card is good for these regular trains? Do you get on the regular train at the same place as the metro line that takes you to downtown, and how do you differentiate the two trains?

We are staying at the Hilton Airport hotel and will be taking the metro to downtown for touristy things, than might take the regular train to Osterport station to get the cruise, if it isn't too confusing. Any help is appreciated.

The CPH Card (not SPH) covers all public transportation in Copenhagen.¨

The most easy way is the train for Nivå or Helsingør/Elsinore that goes directly to Østerport or you can take the Metro and Change at Nørreport.

The Metro is a small white driverless train and the platforms are located at the roof of one of the parking houses at the tip of Terminal 3

The platforms for the Regular trains are located under Terminal 3.

Østerport is located close to Langelinie but if your ship goes from the freeport terminal you have to take a taxi or the S-Train further on to Nordhavn station and walk from there.

Monday to friday you can take bus number 26 to the freeport terminal from the Central station, Kongen Nytorv Metro station or Østerport station.

Østerport is located close to Langelinie but if your ship goes from the freeport terminal you have to take a taxi or the S-Train further on to Nordhavn station and walk from there.

Sorry you confused me

If you dock at Langeleine where do you catch the train to the airport?

Or can you?

But were you just visiting Copenhagen, or did your cruise end there?

We ended there but it was 2003 so I guess it has changed

Looks like it may be just as easy to share a taxi to the airport

Im guessing that it is Insignia that you are visiting with.

She will disembark on the Langelinie pier but maybe you have to look out for changes because there is 6 ships in port that day and 5 of the ships is docked at Langelinie.

We are talking about Aurora, Insignia, Eurodam, Celebrity Constellation and Europa,

that is 1228,9 meters of ship (plus space between them) and Langelinie pier is only 931 meters long so one or 2 ships have to go.

Im guessing that it is Insignia that you are visiting with.

She will disembark on the Langelinie pier but maybe you have to look out for changes because there is 6 ships in port that day and 5 of the ships is docked at Langelinie.

Yes it is the Insignia

Do you know where C190 is?

I do not see it on the port map

I am sure they will let us know if any changes in the dock

Thanks again for your help

Lyn

"Cruise Ships Copenhagen

More than 320 Cruise vessels will be visiting Denmark’s Capital city Copenhagen for the cruise season 2009 and line up at the Langelinie Pier or the harbour area of the Freeport Terminal at Nordhavn. The expected visit of Turn Around Cruise ships amount about 150, which mainly will tie up at the North Harbour Terminal".

Knew I wasn't mad when I stated this. :)

Thanks to everyone for the info. I finally found out i'm leaving from Freeport so I might just grab a cab. this site though was perfect for seeing the locations of the piers in respect to the transportation.

http://www.cmport.com/80256A43006614A1/sysOakFil/Brochure%20Cruise%20Copenhagen%202009/$File/090314_cmp_cph_guide_web.pdf

Archived