swimming w/dolphins in Tortola (Prospect Reef)???

joceehadlei

We are cruising on Disney Magic July 4th and one of our stops is St. Thomas. The only thing my daughters want to do is swim with the dolphins. I found a place online at Tortola that sounds good. Is it possible to book now (not through the cruise lines) and be able to take a ferry to Tortola to a place called Prospect Reef? Has anyone ever done this or know anything about it. Thanks

There is a ferry between St Thomas and Tortola but remember, two different countries. You will need your passport and clear thru customs both ways. Also, there is a departure tax from Tortola when you leave.

Has anyone taken the Dolphin Encounter excursion through Carnival? I want to swim with the dolphins in Tortola but was worried about doing it on our own. I always worry about getting back to the ship on time :confused:.

The ship's excursion is $129 per person for shallow water and $166 pp for deep water encounter. Is it worth it? Just wondering if anyone has done either the ship's excursion or done it on their own...please help! Thanks...

Happy Cruisin,

Angel :)

Archived