Mail Forwarding for Long Cruise?

Observer

There are presumably many people here who have been on long (multi-month) cruises (even if not round-the-world.)

I wonder what their experience has been with mail forwarding to Seabourn agents at various ports (as listed in the cruise documents).

It would be nice to receive favorite magazines forwarded (FedExed) from home, the occasional letter, even the odd bill or summons to jury duty.

On the other hand, it would be unfortunate if the FedEx never properly arrived, was not efficiently delivered to the ship, etc.

Would anyone care to share experiences in this area?

Thanks.

I don't have any experience in this, since I pay bills online and have stopped most magazines. However, you might talk with Anita Mann at Seabourn. One of her responsibilities is the Luggage Valet Service which many of us use, and she might be able to suggest a way to get your mail at some of the ports.

Of course, calling the Guest Relations department would also provide some assistance, I am sure.

I have taken two Full World Cruises. I would not plan to try to forward mail. The only way you could do this is to have the person taking in your mail to send selected items to a port a few weeks later. I know people who have tested this out and it sometimes works and sometimes does not because it really is hard to time all of this. I just don't think it is worth the effort.

In terms of bills, before our first world cruise we automated every bill so that it is automatically paid either by our checking account or by a credit card which in turn is automatically paid by the checking account. We then monitor all of this from the cruise ship or when at home from home. That took care of the bills.

Any magazine subscriptions we just read when we got back home.

In terms of a jury summons, we were fortunate that we did not get any but if we did even though it would have said you have to respond within 30 days or whatever the date is I had called them ahead of time and as long as you respond within six months and can show proof you were away you are fine.

We would check our home number remotely so we could followup on any phone messages.

Again, I would not try to have mail sent to you because I think it will be a headache/nuisance to deal with.

Keith

Archived