A heads up for those that book deck 10 under pool deck

We've had one occasion where people moving deck chairs around during the afternoon was annoying while we were trying to enjoy our balcony. So we check what is above us and usually pick a deck sandwiched between cabin decks or under something other than open deck. For us, it was a daytime annoyance, no other times.

Edited by cruzincurt

I sure wish I would have seen this thread before we had booked Owners Suite 1334 on FOS this past June. It was the worst cabin ever with all the noise! I've learned my lesson to use the search feature before booking a cabin I've never had before!

I see these threads pop up from time to time, and I have to admit - I'm both skeptical and concerned. I have a Grand Suite booked on deck 10 on the Liberty for next March.

I've read people say it was the worst experience ever - had to change cabins. Or when they complained, guest services gave them earplugs. BTW, then this noise happens - what time of the night is it? I suspect that they crew doesn't wait until 3am to move/stack chairs, right?

I've also read others say they had no issues with sound.

Our cabin on the Liberty is 1282, which is right beneath the pool deck. Looking at the deck layouts, and overlapping them it looks to be right below where the Towel Station was for us on our last cruise on the Indy - pretty much that little section between the Solarium, and the main pool area.

But, I gotta think -there's gotta be some amount of space between the cabin ceiling at the deck 11 floor. I'm not sure how much space, and how well it would (or would not) insulate sound.

I guess only time will tell.

Just got back from Explorer in room 1694 - aft under back of windjammer. We were awakened every morning between 5-6 by what sounded like chairs dragging above us. It was a great cabin, and it was easy enough to roll over and go back to sleep after 10-15 minutes of noise. I guess it depends on your tolerance level.

We. Have just returned today from the Serenade GS 1554. On deck 10. Loved the suite but it was very noisy. Music from the centrum until 11 ish at night and during the day. Also dragging of chairs throughout the night . Would not book it again for that reason.

We were enjoying a coffee in the Concierge Lounge one morning, and suite guests were complaining to Francis (concierge) about the ongoing noise over their cabin. Chairs moving and vacuuming. The guest even went up to the pool deck to investigate the noise. And major cleaning, and moving of furniture was ongoing.

We were in a JS, under the ping pong tables. During the day, it sounds like they're coming through the ceiling. No noise noted during night time hours.

I see these threads pop up from time to time, and I have to admit - I'm both skeptical and concerned. I have a Grand Suite booked on deck 10 on the Liberty for next March.

I've read people say it was the worst experience ever - had to change cabins. Or when they complained, guest services gave them earplugs. BTW, then this noise happens - what time of the night is it? I suspect that they crew doesn't wait until 3am to move/stack chairs, right?

I've also read others say they had no issues with sound.

Our cabin on the Liberty is 1282, which is right beneath the pool deck. Looking at the deck layouts, and overlapping them it looks to be right below where the Towel Station was for us on our last cruise on the Indy - pretty much that little section between the Solarium, and the main pool area.

But, I gotta think -there's gotta be some amount of space between the cabin ceiling at the deck 11 floor. I'm not sure how much space, and how well it would (or would not) insulate sound.

I guess only time will tell.

We stayed in gs 1298 on liberty the only time noise was a problem was when they had The white hot deck party.It ended about 1 am

• 2 months later...