Cabins on AURORA AND ORIANA

TULIP9

We are thinking of taking a cruise in 2010, our first with P AND O (several with Princess and HAL), and we would like some advice on Aurora cabins in particular, or Oriana which should be very similar. We are looking at inside cabins due to nature of cruise. However have some concern about location of such cabins, particularly with regards to noise from outside and adjacent cabins. Others experience and advice on selection would be appreciated

Thanks in anticipation.

The best thing to do is study the deck plan of the ship, check no lifts, launderette, or not under a swimming pool or anything noisy like a club or theatre which would be on A deck.

I have had a inside cabin on Aurora and it was fine, very quiet and roomy, they all look like the brochure photo inside. i prefer B or C deck, but mostly have balconies. They say further down the decks are more stable if you are having a inside cabin perhaps choose one on D or E deck?

The ones on deck 5 (F deck) to the rear of reception are really quiet. They are down a dead end corridor and there is no through traffic so only the cabin occupants. They are under the restaurant, but we never heard anything and you have just a flight of steps to go up to get there so you dont have to queue for lifts. Also low down means they get less movement.

Brian

Agree with Brian - just come back from Oriana and had cabin F120 (back of the reception) and it was the quietest cabin we have ever had and very convenient. Handy for reception, restaurant and lifts if you prefer to use them. Also a very good room steward.

Margery M

The ones I meant are the ones rearwards of reception F186-212, F197-221 on Oriana and equivalent on Aurora. The ones mentioned by Margery are probably equally as good although you might get a little more movement at the front of the ship

Brian

Thanks for all your advice. A feature on all the deck plans that always worries me are the gaps or corridors that appear and I have visions of crew or passengers going by all times of day and night. Did once have a cabin near the anchors and that was quite an experience ! Any other comments on best inside cabin to be in would be appreciated. Did you find cabin to be large enough and does it have a seat big enough to have a breakfast or snack in cabin?

Thanks again

Yes a 2 seater sofa and small table in a inside cabin I had on Aurora, so you could have breakfast there if you want, ideal on a port day, saves time having a free wake up call and breakfast before cathching a early coach tour.

Archived