Ways to make a cruise with an 18 month old enjoyable for all?

pshkpp,

I am sorry if you think my words were trying to start a fight. I have found these boards very helpful and if you look at my history of posts I have tried to return the favor.

A lot of people read these answers and are new to these boards. When someone suggests it is ok to break the rules when it comes to the health and safety of other passengers I think it is important to speak up.

Carnival Ecstasy, March 1993

Celebrity Millennium, Caribbean, Jan 2002

Coral Princess, Panama Canal Feb. 2, 2003 (Review)

Celebrity Summit, Alaska Land (Land Tour Review) & Sea (Cruise Review), Aug. 15,2003

Navigator of the Seas, Family Reunion, March 13, 2004

(Review)

Celebrity Infinity, Valparaiso(Santiago), Chile to Fort Lauderdale, via Panama Canal, Feb. 27, 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;27;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I just believe that if you're going to jump in here late in the game, you should bring something more than a mildly clever anecdote.

Surprisingly enough, I am well aware of the fact that this is a community board. I've been here a little longer than you have, and have a few more posts.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk to me when you grow up junior.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;27;07;15;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Days Till We Leave For THE Cruise

One of the posts above worried me. Well, OK more than one, but -

Assuming that the ship is childproof can be a fatal error. Children can always do more than their parents or other adults think they can do. My parents used to have trouble getting into their prescriptions until their 30 month old grandchild showed them how to defeat the childproof cap.

On a ship, there are balconies and railings meant to keep people from falling overboard. If your baby can climb on your sofa or bed, they probably can negotiate some of these barriers.

In the fair state of Florida, we have many swimming pools that are "childproofed." Every year many young ones drown or have near-drownings in those same pools with all their safety measures engaged. IF you bring a young child on a cruise, be aware that you need to have your parent hat on at all times.

catwalk4.gif

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

catwalk3.gif

• 6 years later...

Did you know that we all carry ecoli on our skin. Adults swimming in the pool have the germs on their skin. How many people swimming in the pools get out and use the bathroom (not many). Me and my baby will stay out of the non-chlorinated pool!

Did you know that we all carry ecoli on our skin. Adults swimming in the pool have the germs on their skin. How many people swimming in the pools get out and use the bathroom (not many). Me and my baby will stay out of the non-chlorinated pool!

I would hope people get out of the pool to do #2. E. Coli lives in the intestine and fecal matter. Although it is sometimes the cause of UTI's, it is not actually found in the urinary tract. Your skin contains a protein that kills E. Coli and so it would only be found on skin with fecal contamination (also a problem for the pool).

PSHKBB -

We took our 14 month old daughter on a cruise last fall. We were in a suite so it was nice to have the extra room. The cruise was definitely different from our previous cruise pre-children, but it was a lot of fun. We had family members sailing with us so we would have a chance to get away for a couple hours each day. I'm attaching the kids menu from the Mariner of the Seas.

Let me know if you have any questions.

273225027_kidsmenu2.jpg.3f770fcecab9d504104157c44e63e7af.jpg

:confused: Why are you posting this on a thread that is over six years old?

Swimmy diapers do not prevent ecoli from entering the warm water. The salt in the water is not at a high enough concentration to kill the bacteria. Other swimmers - even using the water hours later run the risk of eye and ear infections. Children who might swallow water run the risk of gastrointestinal infections. Please do not risk the health of the other 2,000 people on the ship with you. Would you want to swim in a toilet? Neither does anyone else.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

Very well said.

Archived