Air for Hawaii-Carnival leaves from Van Couver returns to Ensenada

DTC

I am interested in taking a Hawaiian cruise on Carnival in 2011. I'm just wondering how to book my air on my own. It appears as though you have to book 2 one way tickets, because you either leave from Ensenada and return to Van Couver or the other way around. How did you do it??

Thanks!

You may be able to book an open jaw ticket, it depends on if the distance between Vancouver and San Diego (where you'll fly from for Ensenada) is less than the distance between Wisconsin and Vancouver and San Diego and Wisconsin.

Most search sites refer to these as multi-city itineraries.

Good news for an open-jaw pricing. Distances are:

MKE-YVR 1733 miles

MKE-SAN 1739 miles (you will fly in/out of San Diego)

SAN-YVR 1177 miles (the open jaw leg)

Since SAN-YVR is the shortest, it's OK for open-jaw.

Even if you are in western Wisconsin and flying out of MSP, you're OK. Plug in a multi-city itinerary on airline websites, and see what you get.

One other thing to remember when you are booking your return flight, do not book a flight home from San Diego any earlier than mid afternoon, even better stay over a few days and see beautiful San Diego.

The drive from Ensenada to San Diego is only 70 miles but it will take you through the busiest border crossing in the country - you just don't know how long it will take you to get through the crossing.

I recommend getting to/from Ensenada via cruise ship transfer instead of rental car. There are some serious safety issues in Baja right now and the cruiseline transfer bus will be safer than a rental car. If you do rent a car, stick to the toll road and do not stray out of main tourist areas.

Archived