Question for anyone who has cruised on Carnival out of Charleston

jrmende63

We are booked on Carnival's Triumph on November 2, 2009. I see by the intenerary and the port Schedule that Triumph gets into port in Charleston, SC at 3:00 PM and sets sail at 10:00pm. I have never set sail that late or boarded a ship in the afternoon. Does anyone know how dinner and muster drill is handled with us sailing that late at night? My son and DIL are sailing for the first time, I want to make sure I know the right answers to their questions!. This will be my 8th Carnival Cruise and hubby's 7th, but never having sailed out of our home port we are at a loss for answers.

Thanks,

Julie and Randall

Muster drill must be held in the first 24 hours after leaving port. With a late sailing and dinner times, it would not surprise me to hear they do the drill the next morning. Perhaps some who have sailed from San Juan, another 10pm departure...can shed some light on the subject. EM

We are booked on Carnival's Triumph on November 2, 2009. I see by the intenerary and the port Schedule that Triumph gets into port in Charleston, SC at 3:00 PM and sets sail at 10:00pm. I have never set sail that late or boarded a ship in the afternoon. Does anyone know how dinner and muster drill is handled with us sailing that late at night? My son and DIL are sailing for the first time, I want to make sure I know the right answers to their questions!. This will be my 8th Carnival Cruise and hubby's 7th, but never having sailed out of our home port we are at a loss for answers.

Thanks,

Julie and Randall

Hi Julie and Randall,

i was on the Victory doing the same run the the Triumph will be doing.

The Dinning Rooms will be open at the normal times and boat drill should be right around 9:30pm just before you leave for the Bahamas.

enjoy, Charleston is a beautiful city, the Terminal is small but there was very little backup inside.

Have Fun!

What happens at the Welcome aboard show? I know that they do some kind of show or something, but is there anything like an Orientation also?

No not an orientation in the Welcome aboard show, but they do have a time the first day where you can be shown the ship by the staff. Just check the Capers to find out when and where.

Hi Julie and Randall,

i was on the Victory doing the same run the the Triumph will be doing.

The Dinning Rooms will be open at the normal times and boat drill should be right around 9:30pm just before you leave for the Bahamas.

enjoy, Charleston is a beautiful city, the Terminal is small but there was very little backup inside.

Have Fun!

Hi Light Tech,

Thanks for the reply! I see you are on my favorite ship the Carnival Spirit! She was our first cruise ( to Alaska) got us hooked on Alaska and cruising. I guess you can tell we are huge Carnival fans! Thanks for your answer. I am wondering if the dining room is open dining that first night since boarding is so late in the day. I appreciate you answering my question and thanks for working for the best Cruiseline in the Industry!

Julie

Archived