Booking cruise and Shore excursion

aim-high

Hi All,

I am planning to book my Alaskan cruise this summer in NCL. I like the route taken by NCL-Pearl. I am planning to book through alaskacruiseexperts.com as they seem to have the best deal than any other website.

I was wondering what is the shore excursion all about. When I Book my tickets, do I automatically reserve a spot for the excursion ?

What if I book my own tours through the tours independent website ?

I see the tours are pretty costly so any recommendations on getting a good deal is appreciated.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Look through the excursions offered through the cruiseline and decide what you might want to do. Browse through the Alaska board, do a search for that particular excursion and see if anyone recommends a similar non ship excursion. Or ask if anyone has a recommendation about anything. We booked mostly non ship excursions last summer. Booked a private van tour in Ketchikan, rented a car in Juneau and booked the White Pass Train with a private company in Skagway. All of these options I found right here on Cruise Critic. There are many ways to go, you just need to ask the right questions. Some people need the security of ship excursions knowing that if you are late the ship won't sail, others find that booking your own excursions can be very rewarding, some wait until they arrive to book a tour, it just depends on you.

What might be helpful to you, is to head to your library and take out Alaska By Cruiseship.

Shore excursions are totally separate from your cruise booking. Look over a shore excursion list, and narrow down your interests. Very few aren't worthwhile. Repost for specific information.

Archived