suefrankuk

SueFrankuk

We are thinking of our first cruise with P&O on the Ventura, can anyone tell me if the balconies on Jf cabins on C deck are 9ft square as are the similar cabins on Caribe with Princess.

thank you

Sue

Indeed they are! - and are part-shaded, part open. Definitely the best balconies on the ship, apart from suites, I suppose. But theyre better than the the 'deluxe Balcony Cabins' baconies on D Deck, which are the same size but are completely open balconies, and are overlooked from all cabins above.

You'll hear a lot of strong opinions about Ventura in this forum, both for and against. My view is that Ventura is a fine ship, and most of the time you can have a good cruise on her, but in the school holidays she can get - indeed, is likely to get - seriously overcrowded. I cruised on Ventura last Autumn (out of school holidays) and I blogged about it here:-

http://tomtotley.wordpress.com/previous-cruises/cruises-in-2008/ventura-cruise/

We enjoyed it so much that we are going on her again on 2010.

We had a C deck balcony which was indeed 9ft square (no JF cabins on C deck though!) and overlooked D deck balconies which we thought were alot smaller than ours (but cabin is bigger) ...definitely the best balconies on the ship with a bit of overhang should you need some shade!! P and O were talking about putting sun loungers or reclining chairs on these balconies I don't know whether this has come to fruition yet.....we just had two 'upright' low back chairs and small table...but I actually lay on the deck at one time and someone did suggest taking an airbed to lay on!!

We did the Transatlantic to the Caribbean and thoroughly enjoyed the ship...not too many children even though it was half term....entertainment wasn't that good but was OK...food was good...open decks did get crowded with the sun loungers crammed together (this would be eased if they put loungers on balconies) but we found quiet areas on the promenade which had reclining chairs.

Archived