Staggering Online Booking of HAL Shore Excursions

Chelly

Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question. My cruise is in Oct and HAL shore excursions are now available for online booking. I want to book three or four tours and a couple of them are pricey. I'd like to reduce the impact to my charge account.

Does anyone know if it is ok to online book one or two each month or must I book them all at once?

Thanks,

C.

Yes...that is what I am doing for my September-December cruise. I just wish they would hurry and make them all available....many are not yet available. Since I couldn't book them all....I did another trick......I paid extra on my credit card......so when I booked the excursion it was already paid for. Silly I suppose.....but it worked for me!!

Chelly, as you know from Roll Call, I'm one of your fellow travelers..... I'm just curious - what excursions were you thinking of booking? Personally, I'm having a tough time deciding what I really want to do!

Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question. My cruise is in Oct and HAL shore excursions are now available for online booking. I want to book three or four tours and a couple of them are pricey. I'd like to reduce the impact to my charge account.

Does anyone know if it is ok to online book one or two each month or must I book them all at once?

Thanks,

C.

I stagger my shore excursion bookings all the time. On my last cruise, I had something close to two grand in shore excursions on a 35 day cruise. You'd bet your bippie I couldn't afford to buy them all together. So once they were posted about five or six months out, I logged on and bought a few each month. Pay them off the charge card, and then buy a few more. In the end, I had something like 11 shore excursions, including some very pricey ones ... like medallion tours and helicopter flightseeing excursions. But I bought and paid for them over the course of several months, so it didn't make such a ding on my credit card all at once.

What I would suggest, though, is that if you want to do some very popular tours ... or ones that have limited capacity, such as Medallion excursions ... book those first. Then in future months come back and book the stuff where you know HAL can always add more buses, etc., to accommodate more people.

Blue skies ...

--rita

OP here. Thank you all for your help and great info. I'm going to start booking my HAL shores excursions tomorrow, one or two a month and get them paid off.

Hi Krock 19. I've been researching our ports for six months solid. Check in with me on our roll call, I'll fill you in on the HAL tours I'm taking.

C.

Archived