should I choose Oceanview lower deck or Inside cabin higher deck

aim-high

I have never seen where a guarantee is cheaper than picking a specific cabin in the same category...They have always been the same price...Of course if you get a upgrade then there is a savings.

Really? On the Holland America site, I'm looking at a random sailing I just pulled that has an oceanview guarantee (HH) going for $930.40/passenger and the cheapest oceanview specific cabin at $1,030.40/person. An inside guarantee (NN) on the same ship is coming in at $50.00/passenger cheaper than the least expensive specific cabin (N). I have almost always seen guarantees cheaper than specific cabin reservations...it's why most people take a chance with them (plus, of course, the possibility that you'll get upgraded).

I have never seen where a guarantee is cheaper than picking a specific cabin in the same category...They have always been the same price...Of course if you get a upgrade then there is a savings.

Our experience has just the opposite. Usually guarantee prices are lower. Unless you get an upgrade (often only a remote possibility) there is little or no reason to book a guarantee if the price is the same. My rule of thumb in considering a guarantee is to find the worst stateroom in that category and assume that is the one that you will be assigned. If you would be satisfied with that room, book it. Otherwise, choose the actual cabin that you want.:)

Really? On the Holland America site, I'm looking at a random sailing I just pulled that has an oceanview guarantee (HH) going for $930.40/passenger and the cheapest oceanview specific cabin at $1,030.40/person. An inside guarantee (NN) on the same ship is coming in at $50.00/passenger cheaper than the least expensive specific cabin (N). I have almost always seen guarantees cheaper than specific cabin reservations...it's why most people take a chance with them (plus, of course, the possibility that you'll get upgraded).

HH cabins are the least expensive oceanview cabins on HAL (and I really like them) - whether you choose an HH gty. or a specific HH cabin. All other oceanview cabins are higher category cabins, and therefore higher in price. HAL will also offer specific cabins OR a gty. cabin in a particular category for the same price.

Royal Caribbean sometimes has guarantee cabins that are less expensive. For example - the lowest cat. inside on RCI is cat. Q, but sometimes they will have cat. Z inside (or cat. Y outside) stateroom guarantees available for a lower price.

You are comparing apples with oranges...Don't compare a HH with and I or NN with a N...Compare the price of a specific N with a guarantee N, etc.....In my last four cruises, all inside cabins on HAL, Princess and NCL, the prices for a guarantee were the same as a specific cabin in the SAME category...I checked many online agencies before booking...Of course I could be wrong, and if I am I apologize, but that's my experience on those three cruiselines...I am comparing the SAME category not different ones.

Archived