EOS itinerary changes

We have a few suites booked for the Dec 20, 2009 cruise on the Explorer of the Seas.

RCL sent out a letter dated 4/13/2009 stating that our December 31 stop at Tortola has been dropped and that day will be a sea day.:(

No reason was given for this.

I had heard that RCL had been fropping Tortola has a port.

Anyboy know what RCL's problem is (besides the fact that they breathe)?:rolleyes:

BTW, I am going to start looking at Princess.:D

We have a few suites booked for the Dec 20, 2009 cruise on the Explorer of the Seas.

RCL sent out a letter dated 4/13/2009 stating that our December 31 stop at Tortola has been dropped and that day will be a sea day.:(

No reason was given for this.

I had heard that RCL had been fropping Tortola has a port.

Anyboy know what RCL's problem is (besides the fact that they breathe)?:rolleyes:

BTW, I am going to start looking at Princess.:D

$$$$$$$$$$

It states in the cruise contract that they can skip a port, drop a port, substitute a port...whatever they want to do! When you pay for your cruise, you agree to their terms!

True, but the port charges and whatever fees associated with Tortola should be credited.

As far as the big picture is concerned, I see RCL delevoping a bad reputation quickly as a penny pinching line. Reading the other threads, it appears that their customer service people are not comming clean with customers.

I happen to be a stockholder in RCL, I can't wait for next release.;)

We are on the EOS in June and there have been a lot of changes. Times in port have changed, PR is now an overnight stop from 10pm to 11:30 am the next day. It is really screwing up our excusion times:eek:

Voyager and Freedom class ships cannot dock nor tender in tortola. The tortola govt was going to dredge the area but decided last year that they had changed their plans when new govt took over. Capt Ryan told us on the Nov 30 12 nighter that The Explorer had never been to tortola nor would it and gave us the above reasons. He has tortola was actually very beautiful.

IT Sounds to me like they are dropping tortola,and making that a sea day,but i agree they should make it formal if it is true

I( have a copy of a letter dated April 13,2009 sent to all travel agents stating that that Tortola is dropped.

Does this mean we lose 2 ports as our 7.3.2010 has already lost San Juan on the way down.

Thats three days down and three days back, I am definately annoyed does this constitute cancelling without penalty bearing in mind we are from Britain. If not can we change without penalty?.

Thanks

Sandian

Does this mean we lose 2 ports as our 7.3.2010 has already lost San Juan on the way down.

Thats three days down and three days back, I am definately annoyed does this constitute cancelling without penalty bearing in mind we are from Britain. If not can we change without penalty?.

Thanks

Sandian

Good question.

I would call RCL customer service. (Good luck):eek:

They changed Tortola to San Juan on our 11-29-09 EOS cruise. I've been to San Juan before, and being there from 4-11 pm doesn't really interest me. Cruising out of NJ to the southern Caribbean is nice, but now I think we might start looking into alternatives...

They changed Tortola to San Juan on our 11-29-09 EOS cruise. I've been to San Juan before, and being there from 4-11 pm doesn't really interest me. Cruising out of NJ to the southern Caribbean is nice, but now I think we might start looking into alternatives...

Thats better than nothing but I still prefer Tortola as we have not been there. wonder when they will let us know?

Sandian

I put a deposit on the "Grand Princess" today. Departs 12/21/09 14 nights out of Lauderdale.

Apples to Apples, The cabins are costing me $5,000.00 less than RCL.

Go figure:confused:

RCCL started a cost cutting program in the Fall of 2007 when they swapped and alterted ports of call. Folks were upset when they replaced Quebec Canada for New London Ct.

on the 9 night Canada/New England Voyage in Sept/October 2007. !!!!!!

RCCL started a cost cutting program in the Fall of 2007 when they swapped and alterted ports of call. Folks were upset when they replaced Quebec Canada for New London Ct.

on the 9 night Canada/New England Voyage in Sept/October 2007. !!!!!!

If they started cost cutting in the fall of 2007 why were the brochures not changed to accomodate this. the brochures and all info is still showing old itineries to me this sucks.

Sandian

Archived