breakfast and lunch at cagneys

mrdrdoso

I have heard that cagneys serve breakfast and lunch, I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. do you need reservations?

2. what times do they serve for each?

3. Also is their an additional charge?

4. Is it available to all quest or do you have to have a suite?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated:)

thanks in advance.................Mary

I have heard that cagneys serve breakfast and lunch, I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. do you need reservations?

2. what times do they serve for each?

3. Also is their an additional charge?

4. Is it available to all quest or do you have to have a suite?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated:)

thanks in advance.................Mary

You may only have breakfast and lunch in Cagney's if you are in a suite (with concierge and/or butler service not mini suite). You do not need a reservation. The ship I have been on is 8 am for breakfast never been for lunch. No additional charge.

We were on the Gem last June, and the times seemed to vary somewhat depending on the day's schedule -- for instance, breakfast started earlier on an early port day. They also had a continental breakfast set up in Cagney's for those who wanted to grab something quick and then run.

Do they check your room card to make sure you are in a suite or do they just assume if you know about breakfast and lunch then you are in a suite?

By the second day they do recognize your face, but they consistently asked for our room # when entering the restaurant.

This was the best perk of all the suite perks by far in my mind.

cpcanuck

Do they check your room card to make sure you are in a suite or do they just assume if you know about breakfast and lunch then you are in a suite?

The past 2 years on the Pearl the young lady at the entrance to Cagney's had a list of names & cabin numbers and she checked your name off before she seated you for breakfast and/or lunch.

On the Alaska itinerary, breakfast in Cagney's was served from 6:30 AM until 10:00 AM, except for debarkation day, then it was 6:30 AM until 8:30 AM. Lunch was served daily from noon until 2:00.

No one has mentioned the French-pressed coffee! That was the highlight of our last cruise. We somehow ended up on the VIP list, letting us eat breakfast and lunch at Cagneys. Yes, the food was wonderful, but just the coffee itself would have made our cruise extra special. While I don't consider myself a coffee snob, I really don't like NCL's buffet coffee or even the coffee in the regular dining rooms.

OK, so as I understand it so far (thanks to everyone for all the great info!)...

Since I am in an AD penthouse suite on the Spirit, I can eat breakfast and lunch at cagney's every day if I want, at no additional charge.

Is their breakfast/lunch menu the same as the dining room or different?

Does it change daily? Does anyone have them to share!

Does the Spirit also do French Press coffee at Cagneys? We are fussy about coffee and this would be great!

Yes, you may eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's at no extra charge if you are in a penthouse suite on the Spirit...

The breakfast and lunch menus in Cagney's are way different from what you would get in the main dining rooms, including crab cake bendict, steak and eggs, etc...

While the breakfast menu, which also includes a buffet with assorted items, remains the same each day, the lunch menu does change every day...

Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the menus but I am sure someone must have...

Also they do have French press coffee in Cagney's - both single cup size and the larger size...

I hope you enjoy Cagney's as much as we did - this is one of the very best perks you get with a suite... unless you are VIP and get to eat there, regardless of where you are staying on the ship...

We were on the pride of america back in May and they checked your name very carefully and we did see them turning people away. I would definately take advantage of it if you have acccess... We had a last minute upsell which provided us the benefit, definately wasnt planned. We ate breakfast there every single day. I think I had filet mignon and eggs every day lol... It was wonderful and the staff was really great... the food was excellent. I felt it took a little longer but it was definately cooked to order and WELL worth it. They also had a continential style breakfast if you didnt want to wait which had all kinds of pastries and juices etc...

On the PoAm I dont think the menu ever changed and actually for that reason we only had lunch there a few times but had breakfast there every day. I dont even remember what they had for lunch but there wasnt a lot of choice as I recall but it was all great. Also there is no charge what so ever for breakfast and lunch so if you have access take FULL advantage lol

We were on the pride of america back in May and they checked your name very carefully and we did see them turning people away. I would definately take advantage of it if you have acccess... We had a last minute upsell which provided us the benefit, definately wasnt planned. We ate breakfast there every single day. I think I had filet mignon and eggs every day lol... It was wonderful and the staff was really great... the food was excellent. I felt it took a little longer but it was definately cooked to order and WELL worth it. They also had a continential style breakfast if you didnt want to wait which had all kinds of pastries and juices etc...

Filet mignon for breakfast?! How special is that!

The breakfast and lunch menus in Cagney's are way different from what you would get in the main dining rooms, including crab cake bendict, steak and eggs, etc...

While the breakfast menu, which also includes a buffet with assorted items, remains the same each day, the lunch menu does change every day...

Actually, on Jade the lunch menu at Cagney's was pretty much the same as in the same dining room, with one different item. This was good, as far as we were concerned, because we could get some of the great chilled soups for lunch in Cagney's while still enjoying the smaller, more private room.

Just off the Gem had steak and eggs 5 mornings would have been 6 but due to Good Friday skipped the steak

wait...you mean Rome still has authority even in international waters? i would check with the Holy See.

proud of you man! a role model for us all!

Wonderful perk. Really fell in love with Cagneys for breakfast on the Star last month.

The filet and eggs are wonderful. Been trying to get DW to cook for me like this......but not going to happen.

Almost cancelled an early excursion one morning so I would not miss out on breakfast.

I do not care for french press coffee, but did at Cagney's DW could not believe I was drinking it.

Had several really good lunches there too.

I list this as a must do as often as possible. Guess I will only cruise in suite from now on so I won't miss out. If you see someone sitting out side crying, that would be me on a cruise where I could not get in.

Archived