Ice Skating... was it fun?

We are not big skaters, but do enjoy the occasional skating birthday party or Girl Scout event. I read somewhere that the skates were "plastic"? Is this true? The web site said that skates were "similar to what you would find at a rink". That would not be plastic! I don't know whether it's worth it to have the kids pack jeans to skate in, or if the rink is just too small and the skates really are not good. Just wondering if you enjoyed it when you did it!

We are not big skaters, but do enjoy the occasional skating birthday party or Girl Scout event. I read somewhere that the skates were "plastic"? Is this true? The web site said that skates were "similar to what you would find at a rink". That would not be plastic! I don't know whether it's worth it to have the kids pack jeans to skate in, or if the rink is just too small and the skates really are not good. Just wondering if you enjoyed it when you did it!

yes they are a hard blue plastic. Not great, but if you are a novice and just want to play around for a bit it's probably worth bringing the jeans and socks! Yes, the rink is small.

Happy cruising :)

Archived