Captain's Party - Drink Question

Lonewolf10

I understand that on the 2nd night of the cruise, a Captain's Party is generally held before dinner where free drinks can be had. In addition to the free drinks being offered on trays, can one also go to the bar and order anything at no charge?

yep, you sure can. this is assuming the venue has a walk-up bar... i'd recommend a tip to the bartender for a custom request.

not sure about 'anything' though - probably not the premium liquors like grey goose, etc. but with house stuff, yeah.

I understand that on the 2nd night of the cruise, a Captain's Party is generally held before dinner where free drinks can be had. In addition to the free drinks being offered on trays, can one also go to the bar and order anything at no charge?

Depends on where the party is held. But to answer your question, I have walked up to the bar and ordered a beer at no charge.

On some ships the Captain's party will be held in the main show lounge. In these venues no bar will be available for you to order from as the drinks are prepared at service bars. On other ships the Captain's party is held in multiple venues with both service bars and patron bars. On these ships you can do just as you like. In any event you can order any drink you like from the waiters with the trays of drinks. A nice gratuity will help insure prompt service. ;)

Even if there's no bar available to passengers, you can ask a server for a specific drink and with a couple buck tip, you'll get it very quickly. Works for us every time.

On the Conquest class ships we have sailed the party is held in the venues on the Promenade deck aft which have walk-up bars. Perhaps someone who has sailed Glory recently can confirm this is how the party is still held.

Just order a Dirty Martini and use the Screwdriver / yellow bird as the chaser. ;) Your in and out of those parties before you know it.

On Glory it is held in the aft show lounge. And there is a walk up bar. This last cruise I was sitting with my husband and friends and the waiter brought me a second drink right after the first without any prompting. Now, I tend to drink wine so that's what I had. But, our friends thought it was funny and they gave me grief because he ignored them.

On Glory it is held in the aft show lounge. And there is a walk up bar. This last cruise I was sitting with my husband and friends and the waiter brought me a second drink right after the first without any prompting. Now, I tend to drink wine so that's what I had. But, our friends thought it was funny and they gave me grief because he ignored them.

They also have spill over into some of the other bars. We were in the disco last time since the aft theater was already full.

Archived