Star Clippers is adding 40 new ports of call

rogerc1944

Thanks Roger, for posting that "new port" information,, I am particularly looking for them to post the Tahiti to Panama route and was hoping for Galapagos and or Easter Island,, but no mention of those,,, although the Marquesas and the island groups in Panama and Costa Rica (if included in the repositioning) will be interesting too. Wonder why all these travel agents and orgs have this info and Star Clippers will not post it on their own website? Interesting,,, appreciate you posting it though! Gail

Star Clippers has posted the costs on its web page for the various segments of its relocation cruise from Tahiti. I couldn't find out much about where it will stop along the way other than what was contained in that article. Ah...patience....

KathyA just my feeling as well. I tried to get a reservation from a UK travel agent, but their answer was they only could take bookings from people living in the UK or having a British passport! I then asked them for a rate, but they never got back to me.

I then informed the Dutch travel agency, they did not know anything about the return of the Flyer! Well, I informed them and asked them if they could get the information for me, since up till now I have not heard from Monaco office either.

Thanks Roger for your postings, keeping everybody interested informed. My only fear is that bookings are held up so their most preferred customers/relations get first choice. Will keep my fingers crossed this will not happen.

I find it strange that the American site runs a story about the changes and the Monaco site does not mention it at all.

Well, we have to be patient, although I find that difficult.

Have a nice weekend,

Pralientje

Here is a link with the full itinerary:

http://www.lowcostcruising.com.bookourholidays.com/fusion/detailcruise.pl?sessionkey=7D1C366B-17F1-4E39-B54D-0E611933BE25&chosencruise=94_1.0&cid=103961&depair=

The link also has the itineeraries for the Panama to ST. Martin leg and the St. Martin to the Med link.

Why Star Clippers own website doesn't have this information is a mystery.

KathyA

:D I have just booked all three legs on the Star Flyer from Papeete to Lisbon. Must have been out of my mind, but can't stop smiling!:p

Have now cabin 301, I would appreciate any info on cabin 300/301.

Booked my flight, so I have to go.

If there are other SC cruise critic members who are joining me, please let me know.

Can't wait, still 9 1/2 months to go.:cool:

Pralientje

Pralientje -- Congratulations! That should be some trip. I don't know much about your cabin other than it's pretty far forward. You'll get a bit more movement (sometimes a lot more movement) of the up and down variety. Obviously, the cabin will be smaller that far forward. Space becomes a premium on long trips with extended sea days. You might also be bothered occasionally by the anchor being raised and lowered. A real plus is being on the Clipper deck which will convenient to everything and who wants to stay in their cabin all the time. We were in cabin 119 on the Star flyer on the Commodore Deck and found that it was a bit inconvenient -- everything was a deck or two up. It also bothered me that the Commodore deck was divided by water tight doors. Those doors snap shut automatically in the event of an emergency and could trap you like a rat!

Roger, thank you for your comments. I know it sometimes could be a bumpy ride, but I have the cabin for myself, so it should be big enough. I have done the Indian Ocean crossing and didn't spent that much time in the cabin. For the noise, well I have been in 508 and 509 and when they hoist the sails you'll know!:p

But all that noise is part of the experience to me. The more tilt, the better. It means you get a lot of sailing done.

Have a nice weekend.

Pralientje

• 2 weeks later...

I am now booked for the Tahiti to Panama crossing,,, just the one leg but that will be fine for me, and I too am smiling! Managed to get my air set up and working on hotels on either side,,, so I am feeling good!

Kathy, I have been talking to Pralientje on email and I wondered if you were going to sign up as well? We both feel we deserve to go sailing for long periods of time,, and we have to take care of ourselves!! :D

Anyone else out there signed up for this sail? I know a lot of people have signed up because my first 3 cabin choices were already gone by the first day US booking was open!

Gail

Hi Gail

Kathy here. no, we are not going on the Pacific crossing this time. We are so lucky that we were able to take part in the "no frills" crossing to Tahiti last year. Remember that is why we post poned the Indian ocean crossing that you and the others did. Yes, we are for sure sailing from Athens to Phuket in Oct. I can hardly wait to go.

Kathy

Hello Biglagoon. My wife and I will also be on the Star Clipper for her relocation cruise from Athens to Thailand. We can't hardly wait! This will be my wife's retirement cruise. We will also be staying in Athens for a few days before leaving on the Star Clipper. A Greek friend of mine recommended the Hotel Athelos. The hotel has a nice view of the Parthenon and seems close to everything (but Piraeus). We chcked with Star Clippers to see which hotel they offered. They have a very nice hotel but they wanted to charge pp/do. This was twice what this hotel would charge for a double. Ouch! Anyway, no doubt we'll see you aboard.

Hi Kathy (big lagoon) - I knew you all were going trans Indian Ocean this year,,, will be a good one for sure,, I have great memories of that sail in 07. I did not know if you and Kathy A were the same person,, maybe not (I had Kathy confusion). Hope all is well,, are you back in Ca? or still in Statia? I am very excited about hitting Marquesas, and also sailing through Tahiti again will be just fine,, and the islands in Costa Rica and Panama will be exciting too on this Pacific crossing. I have not heard of any passenger limitations on this so assume we will go with full booking ... as opposed to the 50 limit they put on your sail to Tahiti... I am already looking forward to my first taste of Poison Cru in Tahiti,,, ahh,,

I am pretty sure I will also do a Costa Rica sail in Nov 2010 - big 60th bday,, and another buddy of mine is getting up her nerve to go sailing, and she turns 60 in Nov 2010 also,,(we are practicing getting her on a boat on bay harbor cruises,,,baby steps,,) so I have 2 good sails to look forward to! Talk to you soon, take care,

And Rogerc1944,, I am sure you all will enjoy the Indian Ocean crossing, it is one of my favorite sails to date (distance, new countries, great oceans, wonderful beaches in Thailand, all good,, spent much of time hanging out in widow's net while sailing the great waterways and oceans of the world,, the good life!

Gail

• 4 weeks later...
I am now booked for the Tahiti to Panama crossing,,, just the one leg but that will be fine for me, and I too am smiling! Managed to get my air set up and working on hotels on either side,,, so I am feeling good!

Anyone else out there signed up for this sail? I know a lot of people have signed up because my first 3 cabin choices were already gone by the first day US booking was open!

Gail

We have just signed up for the 34 day trip Feb 2010. There were no more CAT 6, we got #330 near the dinning room. Our friends from Perth Australia had this cabin on our trip from Athens to Goa India last Oct. Have to start collecting some reading material for this trip.:rolleyes:

Hey BajaEd, glad to hear of more folks joining up for the first (one and only?) Grand Pacific Crossing!! Cabin 330 looks good,, I am down a deck,, 227 I think,,, need that 5x per day exercise to ward off those daily cream desserts!!

I saw a great TV show on Cocos Island, where we will stop,, apparently it is shark hangout (this was about slaughter of sharks just to get the jawbone), but have been researching our stops,,, gonna be a great trip!! Only 8 months and we will be in BoraBora or somewhere other than here,, can't wait!! Gail

Archived