Mariner-Who boards first?

Can anyone tell me who boards first, the suite passengers or the plat/diam/diam plus+ I am thinking maybe they are all directed to the same area and board at the same time, however we are trying to pull off a little surprise for some family members and we need to know if we should place the "surprise puller-offers" in the suite line(yes they are booked in a suite) or the plat/diam/diam+ line, to get them on board asap- any ideas on this?

Basically, whoever gets there first! If there are "suite" passengers there at the same time as "regular" passengers, the suite folks get first crack at the clerks---otherwise, everyone boards pretty much in the order they're in line. I think the Diamond and suite passengers are in a line together...

Can anyone tell me who boards first, the suite passengers or the plat/diam/diam plus+ I am thinking maybe they are all directed to the same area and board at the same time, however we are trying to pull off a little surprise for some family members and we need to know if we should place the "surprise puller-offers" in the suite line(yes they are booked in a suite) or the plat/diam/diam+ line, to get them on board asap- any ideas on this?

The best thing to do would be to get the people to be surprised

on to the ship early, and then phone someone in the other group to advise that they are on board. That way everyone else could meet outside the check-in desks without risk of being spotted. The others could then all board at the same time, and hover by the pool bar, after which those to be surprised could be casualty led past.

Our boarding was very unorganized. Our neighbors checked in before us because they went to the deck 6 line and we went to the diamond line only to find they were only checking in with two reps and the line was huge. We eventually ended up in the same place as they were not boarding yet but after the 3 or so wedding parties went on then they called diamond into the crowd and let a few of us on that were paying attention then they realized there was another group waiting, suite passengers perhaps corralled off in another area and they shut down letting diamond on and opened their rope right behind us. It was a mess but we were still onboard and eating in the Windjammer by 11:30 so I am not complaining. I was surprised that the port is not ready for the ship. You board on a make shift gangway of scaffolding & plywood. :eek: Felt safe but was surprised they had not made anything permanent yet.

Nothing like that first ding of the SeaPass!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Due to an early morning flight the day of embarkation we arrived before boarding began. There were two separate reserved waiting areas at opposite ends of the building: one for Dia and Plat and the other for Dia+/Suite members. Both areas began check-in and boarding at the same time, with different on-board security points.

Archived