Ventura C Deck Cabins

ed the dog

Hello

Can any one tell me, do all the cabins on C deck have the larger half covered balconies ?

If not could you please offer an advise on which do have the larger balconies, as we are just about to book a Fjords cruise for next year and thought it might be quite usefull to have the larger half cover balcony (just in case) weather wise.

Also any idea why the cabins at the front are cheaper than those in the middle of the ship ? as I expected it to be the other way round.

Many Thanks

I think that all the cabins on C deck have the larger, half-covered balconies. We were on Ventura last September/Autumn, on C deck, and all the balconies the whole length of the ship looked the same.

As regards pricing, that's common for P&O - mid-ships is seen as preferable (motion is minimised is the ship does start pitching) so cabins forward and aft are seen as being a bit less desirable and therefore cheaper. We were in a JD last year, and it was fine.

As usual LOL:p I have a photo for you, this is looking down from my balcony on A deck.

here is link, click or copy and paste toyour searchbar:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245865758321365202

The ones half exposed are C deck, the full exposure ones with larger table and chairs are D deck, ok if you don't mind being observed... A and B are straight and not overlooked.

plenty of Ventura photos on that album if you press slideshow, hope that helps with your decision,

Many thanks for the photo link and advise on the cabin sizes.

I was aware they were smaller, as we had the mini suite last time, didn't really feel it was worth the extra 500 each on a 14 day cruise.

As we are only doing a 7 day Fjord cruise this time, the half covered balcony will be usfull for smoking if the weather is bad.

But I will miss the lovely bathrobes.:mad:

Thanks again

I was aware they were smaller, as we had the mini suite last time, didn't really feel it was worth the extra 500 each on a 14 day cruise.

I've never been in one, but I find it hard to see that it's worth that much extra.

One morning on our Ventura cruise we had breakfast with a lady who was in a D deck cabin. She, too, didn't think the extra money was worth it. And she was also upset about the balcony: she definitely didn't like the way that *everybody* on that side of the ship could see down into those D deck balconies.

my husband and i have registered for next june ,we are on c deck but could have had cabin facing backwards on d deck as this is our first cruise i dont know what i will be like at sea.we searched and found this ship had the best looking cabins ,also we did not want a ship were we felt to out of place.I love to dress up but my husband is a comfort dresser as he wears a uniform all week.we would love to hear from anyone with tips ,photos and knowledge of this ship. Thanks:)

my husband and i have registered for next june ,we are on c deck but could have had cabin facing backwards on d deck as this is our first cruise i dont know what i will be like at sea.we searched and found this ship had the best looking cabins ,also we did not want a ship were we felt to out of place.I love to dress up but my husband is a comfort dresser as he wears a uniform all week.we would love to hear from anyone with tips ,photos and knowledge of this ship. Thanks:)

Why not read the blog I wrote during our cruise on Ventura last autumn? It's here.

Thanks for that ,sounds soooh good cant wait i am one of these people you may call sad but we like to research every detail.As we have never been on a cruise only flying and i love flying,we thought this is the time .we are going to be in cabin [c701,c702,c704]. they dont look bad,why people moan about being overlooked just strike up a conversation with someone lol.We will wait to see your photos

Novice Cruiser, how do you register for a ship?

Does that mean you have just shown an interest or something?

Cheers

Gerry

Novice Cruiser, how do you register for a ship?

Does that mean you have just shown an interest or something?

Cheers

Gerry

Wow, Gerry does the above post actually mean your actually considering sailing on the Ventura again. Quick somebody pass me the smelling salts.

It means you have shown an interest but you are asked what cabin ,deck you would like also give card details but nothing is taken until you confirm when cruise goes on sale.We have registered with liverpool cruise club and saved a bit .That is why we have a balcony .hope this helps val PSgoing next june cruise goes on sale wedensday 22nd:)

Hi just a nosy question what is the saphire gifts ,love these pictures cant wait to get on board next june deck cnear the back.val::

Compact Binoculars for the men and compact mirror for the ladies as at Christmas 2008. Also the Portunus Cocktail prize draw has changed it's now champagne flutes, champagne cork remover and stopper. All presented in a large single layer box.

thanks just wondered. Just had call to say our cruise is now confirmed cabin 702 can;t wait our first cruise .Have been pondering over one for years but been put off over prices on board with american ships and thought a cruise was out of reach but we can only try.

Wow, Gerry does the above post actually mean your actually considering sailing on the Ventura again. Quick somebody pass me the smelling salts.

Have you now totally lost the plot or what?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Er, its a topic about Ventura C Decks. Novice Cruisers were posting about registering for Ventura 2010, and you were enquiring about how to register for the Cruise. It is in your early post if you can't remember.

Er, its a topic about Ventura C Decks. Novice Cruisers were posting about registering for Ventura 2010, and you were enquiring about how to register for the Cruise. It is in your early post if you can't remember.

Mrs. Stopgob, I have no idea what you are rambling on about but it is probably better just to agree with you, now please stop commenting on my posts unless you have something useful to say which if based on your history is not very likely.

:mad:

Mrs. Stopgob, I have no idea what you are rambling on about but it is probably better just to agree with you, now please stop commenting on my posts unless you have something useful to say which if based on your history is not very likely.

:mad:

The only messages posted this week by Gerry are replys to my posts ! The guy even started a topic about me before Xmas.

Gerry says 'how do you register for a ship'? - he doesn't say Ventura...

Archived