Time Needed at SeaTac

DBColorado

We are arriving at Pier 91 on the Golden on May 30th. We have a 12:35 flight out of SeaTac. From various posts it seems that going through security can take a long time. I have an artificial knee which requires me to go through special screening when I go through airport security. My question for those of you who know the Seattle airport - will it take me extra time, more than an hour to get through security? Do we need to try to be one of the lst people off the ship? We are using Seattle Express to go from the pier to the airport. Are we better off with a cab? Thanks in advance for your help.

We are arriving at Pier 91 on the Golden on May 30th. We have a 12:35 flight out of SeaTac. From various posts it seems that going through security can take a long time. I have an artificial knee which requires me to go through special screening when I go through airport security. My question for those of you who know the Seattle airport - will it take me extra time, more than an hour to get through security? Do we need to try to be one of the lst people off the ship? We are using Seattle Express to go from the pier to the airport. Are we better off with a cab? Thanks in advance for your help.

TSA at SEA-Tac sucks, pardon my "French". Weekends during cruise season can be unbearable for line wait times. An hour is about the minimum you should plan on, but I have seen it be as much as twice that long.

That's Memorial Day weekend - I'd try to be one of the very first off the ship!

I was up at Sea-Tac last week and TSA has a speicial needs line. It's on the left of the TSA screening area. I would still give myself a lot of time. It can be brutal at times. You just never know how it's going to be.

That's Memorial Day weekend - I'd try to be one of the very first off the ship!

Actually, not to detract from the need to get off the ship as fast as possible, but Memorial Day falls on May 25 this year, so May 30 is, happily for the OP, not part of Memorial Day weekend.

(I'm aware of this mainly because we are traveling from SEATAC on Memorial Day. ;) )

Hope this helps, for what it's worth, etc.,

Susan

Our experience in Seattle : taxi or better yet, Limo, is the way to go !

You don't have to wait for a shuttle; and/or wait for

other passengers. The taxi/limo will go directly

to your gate where, hopefully, you can check your

luggage at the curb. And the limo drivers are

more helpful in our experience.

We've also used a limo service (selected the one

used by our hotel pre-cruise). They will

meet and greet you at baggage claim and take

you directly to the waiting vehicle and either

your hotel or ship.

Schedule the preliminary pick-up time for post-cruise.

Using your cell phone, call them to confirm your

disembarcation time and they will be waiting for you.

The limo charge was only slightly higher than the taxi -

but better service and room and comfort !

Our experience in Seattle : taxi or better yet, Limo, is the way to go !

You don't have to wait for a shuttle; and/or wait for

other passengers. The taxi/limo will go directly

to your gate where, hopefully, you can check your

luggage at the curb. And the limo drivers are

more helpful in our experience.

We've also used a limo service (selected the one

used by our hotel pre-cruise). They will

meet and greet you at baggage claim and take

you directly to the waiting vehicle and either

your hotel or ship.

Schedule the preliminary pick-up time for post-cruise.

Using your cell phone, call them to confirm your

disembarcation time and they will be waiting for you.

The limo charge was only slightly higher than the taxi -

but better service and room and comfort !

The lines at SeaTac (security, baggage check in etc) can be absolutely horrendous on saturdays. Perhaps sundays too - in recent memory I've only been trying to catch flights on saturday. Allow yourself time to get through. The line to clear security was well over an hour long when my parents, son & I were catching a flight for our cruise from San Pedro. Because of my Dad we were able to go through the special needs line. If not for that I am pretty sure we would have missed our flight. Also, for some reason southbound traffic on I-5 (if you'll be taking the freeway to the airport) can be very heavy on saturdays. Just as bad as rush hour on the week days, if not worse. DOT has been shutting down lanes on the freeways during all hours on weekends - not sure if this will still be going on end of may. But I would try to be off the ship early to allow yourself a cushion of time.

Archived