What flight time should I book to return home from Magic?

lovetovacation

back in port at 7am, may take 1-2 hours to clear customs, 1 hr ride to airport...Is 1145am doable...YES, would I do it NO.

We are sailing on the Wonder in Sept. Continental just changed my return flight from 12:30PM to 11:45PM. I called them and changed it to the next non-stop to Newark. Unfortunately it is not until 3:15PM so we will probably go to DTD if DH is up to it, if not we will hang at the airport.

Our two trips we took 11:30 and 11:45 trips out. Not a problem assuming ship gets in as scheduled.

We got off ship around 8:00 and we used rental car for return trip to MCO at nearby rental agency (pre-reserved).

One word of warning if you use rental car is that at least one nearby gas station to MCO has a price nearly 3x normal price. Either pre-purchase fuel or drive farther down the road.

everyone is off the ship by 9:00am. Customs @ the Disney terminal are never more than 10-15 minutes. Disney transfers take about 55 minutes, back to the airport. We have done between 11:30-12:45, 8 differant times after our Disney cruise"s, never a problem. Their transfer's are nice and fun, and make for a seamless experiance. Metrowon

Disney says nothing before 12:30. Two years ago they said nothing before noon and then they changed it to 12:30; I suspect because of the luggage situation. I think they were having problems with some of the luggage making the flights. We have done numerous of DCL cruises. Each time we have made it to the gate about 11:30-11:45. Now I will be honest, we have never had to wait very long for TSA, so we have had smooth sailing throught the airport. I will be honest, we never book before t he recommended DCL time, because we do not want to have any problems with luggage or insurance claims if we needed one for lost luggage. ;) Now be careful of how you take this advice. Each time we have made it to our gate at that time. Once our nanny was coming back with us & she found out on the way home that a family member had dies. When we made it to the gate, she tried to board the 11:40 flight; so she did not have to wait until 1:15 with us. Well they had already closed the door and the plane was leaving the taxiway.Just an FYI.

We are sailing on the Wonder in Sept. Continental just changed my return flight from 12:30PM to 11:45PM. I called them and changed it to the next non-stop to Newark. Unfortunately it is not until 3:15PM so we will probably go to DTD if DH is up to it, if not we will hang at the airport.

OK, I looked again, and today 4/17/09 Continental changed me again. Not bad.

Post cruise return flight to Newark from Orlando is now 1:50PM instead of 3:15PM, thats a little better if we are taking Disney transfers from the ship. My return flight is for Sept 10th, 2009.

Disney says nothing before 12:30. Two years ago they said nothing before noon and then they changed it to 12:30; I suspect because of the luggage situation. I think they were having problems with some of the luggage making the flights. We have done numerous of DCL cruises. Each time we have made it to the gate about 11:30-11:45. Now I will be honest, we have never had to wait very long for TSA, so we have had smooth sailing throught the airport. I will be honest, we never book before t he recommended DCL time, because we do not want to have any problems with luggage or insurance claims if we needed one for lost luggage. ;) Now be careful of how you take this advice. Each time we have made it to our gate at that time. Once our nanny was coming back with us & she found out on the way home that a family member had dies. When we made it to the gate, she tried to board the 11:40 flight; so she did not have to wait until 1:15 with us. Well they had already closed the door and the plane was leaving the taxiway.Just an FYI.
I've never heard that, from DCL!

I am wondering if the Magic returns back to Port Canaveral at 7ish am, can I make it to MCO for a 11:45 fight or should I do a 3pm flight? What's the earliest anyone has taken a return flight? Thanks.

If all goes well you will probably get to the airport by 10:30.

I also have a 11:45 flight.

As most people have indicated you will be off the boat by 9, and should have no problem making it.

Please check with Disney to see if the airline you are flying back has an arrangement with Disney so you have your boarding passes before you leave the ship, and of course the luggage goes directly to the Orlando airport. Upon arrival at the Orlando airport you go directly through security.

Have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in with my experience on the Wonder yesterday.

We were up at 6am had breakfast at 6:45am in Beach Blanket and walked off the ship at 7:20am. Bus was just about full o we left within 5 minutes.

We were inside the airport at 8:20am for an 11:57am flight.

Bill

Archived