QM2-Any welcome drink in our cabin?

colmil

My travel agent asked if we preferred white or red wine as he was arranging a gift for us in the cabin. Is this the same drink that you're talking about being in the room?

No - I assume that your travel agent is arranging a personal gift for you. The stuff that dare not speak its name is supplied by Cunard, and proves that even faceless corporations have a sense of humour.

Mary

Ah, but Robin, your decking will be wood. Here's a photograph of the damage caused by the accidental spillage of 0.5cc of PA onto QV's "linoleum" decking:

DSC02645_qv_deck.jpg

J

CdR.gif

I would give it about 10 mins before getting in the lifeboat. At that rate it will be through the hull in about a quarter of an hour.:eek:

I would give it about 10 mins before getting in the lifeboat. At that rate it will be through the hull in about a quarter of an hour.:eek:

The damage party stabilised it with 3,000 gallons of industrial strengh Gaviscon - but it took about five and a half hours before they were happy it was contained :)

J

we ar ehaving a new tiled floor soon, best not bring the PA home with us then in case it spills on the floor.

:)

This would be an excellent way of removing the old tiles. Do you want my bottle from Monday next?

Actually I am surprised the stuff doesn't eat its way through the bottle.

Well, at least everyone agrees that its rubbish!

I'm rather looking forward to trying it!

Thanks for all your comments, and the humour, of course!

Well i drink the stuff, as I said after the 1st glass you wont know your drinking it lol, you wont know anything,,, Enjoy:)

I realy have a problem with Cunards "gift" As a senior , my hands find opening the bottle very difficult, then as I travel solo, I cannot drink the whole bottle myself (well not an stay "respectable".

Travelling on QE2 and QM2 I always took it to the table and shared it , but on QV in Jan was told I would have to pay $15 for wine steward to open my "free Cunard Gift" so now I do not know what to do about this unwanted "gift"

Any suggestions other than using it to strip paint at home, oh but then I would have to risk it spilling in my case and eating through my case and clothes. Oh dear decisions, decisions ,decisions.

Lynn

Travelling on QE2 and QM2 I always took it to the table and shared it , but on QV in Jan was told I would have to pay $15 for wine steward to open my "free Cunard Gift" so now I do not know what to do about this unwanted "gift"

Any suggestions

If you like to drink it with fellow passengers like you did at your table, how about a small party? Or just a drink together?

This could be in your cabin but does not have to be. What I enjoyed a couple of times, not necessarily with Cunard's gift but with bottles in general, was to meet with friends on the outside decks and share a glas of champagne, may it be 11am or 11pm or for example just before tea.

Hello

I used to enjoy the Pol Acker as someone mentioned after a few glasses it's not too bad!!!!

Now I enjoy the House Champagne Perrier Jouet which is in my cabin when I board & I also enjoy this in the bars by the glass!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Any suggestions other than using it to strip paint at home, oh but then I would have to risk it spilling in my case and eating through my case and clothes. Oh dear decisions, decisions ,decisions.

Lynn

Just ignore it. If you want a glass of champagne buy one.

Please don't offer it to friends. You may get very lonely.

The OP has not been on Cunard before so would they qualify for the PA? I didn't think so... btw I always drink mine when unpacking as it cools my fevered brow. I am very careful not to spill it but the second glass is better than the first. Lynn I think your wine steward on QV was wrong as they should not charge corkage on wine that they supply, I would give it to him as an enema, whilst smiling warmly.

The OP has not been on Cunard before so would they qualify for the PA? I didn't think so... btw I always drink mine when unpacking as it cools my fevered brow. I am very careful not to spill it but the second glass is better than the first. Lynn I think your wine steward on QV was wrong as they should not charge corkage on wine that they supply, I would give it to him as an enema, whilst smiling warmly.

I have never been charged corkage, and often bring a bottle of Eiswein on board.

Archived