QM2-Any welcome drink in our cabin?

colmil

We are travelling from New York to Southampton in May ***** QM2

We have been on four cruises, none with Cunard, and I have always ordered champagne, chocolates or flowers in advance for when we arrived on board.

Could anyone tell me if there will be any sort of welcome gift waiting in our cabin on QM2, if not I'll have to get my credit card out again!

Thanks

Could anyone tell me if there will be any sort of welcome gift waiting in our cabin on QM2, if not I'll have to get my credit card out again!

Thanks

You will find a bottle of vile fizzy substance. My beloved is the only person known to have drunk the entire bottle and survived, but he's got a pretty cast-iron constitution after enduring nearly 30 years of my cooking.

Mary

You will find a bottle of vile fizzy substance. My beloved is the only person known to have drunk the entire bottle and survived, but he's got a pretty cast-iron constitution after enduring nearly 30 years of my cooking.

Mary

We have as well, in fact we have had quite a few of them lol, after the 1st glasss or two, it is not bad:rolleyes:

Thanks for your replies, doesn't sound too inspiring!

Trouble is, my partner has always been impressed with my previous selections, talk about making a rod for my own back!

Could anyone tell me where to find details of what can be ordered for our arrival?

Many thanks

Mary

Wll some orange juice make the medicine go down?

Thanks for your replies, doesn't sound too inspiring!

Trouble is, my partner has always been impressed with my previous selections, talk about making a rod for my own back!

Could anyone tell me where to find details of what can be ordered for our arrival?

Many thanks

There are many items you can order from Cunard, BUT, why not take a few bottles on with you, maybe chocolates etc, a lot less money too:)

There are many items you can order from Cunard, BUT, why not take a few bottles on with you, maybe chocolates etc, a lot less money too:)

Because finding a bottle of champagne in the cabin, ready iced, is really rather nice.

Despite the fact that I have done it four times already, my partner is always suprised and delighted when we walk into the cabin....

or is it me just being stupid?

Thanks for your replies.

Despite the fact that I have done it four times already, my partner is always suprised and delighted when we walk into the cabin....

or is it me just being stupid?

Thanks for your replies.

No, not stupid at all.....it is just wonderful. Put a bottle of champers in your carry on, or maybe even two!

Enjoy.

Jackie :)

Here's the Gift Order Form, but they seem to have removed all the prices, so it appears you will have to ring them up on the 800 number to complete:

http://www.cunard.com/images/Content/GiftOrderForm.pdf

Have a great voyage.

Thanks

Yes there will be a gift. Whether 'tis welcome or no depends on whether you like your teeth with or without enamel.

Gari

No, not stupid at all.....it is just wonderful. Put a bottle of champers in your carry on, or maybe even two!

Enjoy.

Jackie :)

Or MORE, we took 6 bottles on the carribean, Jackie if we cruise again together, I think I will bring 2 cases on board.:)

Well it wont happen then , will it, Pol acker is all you get:rolleyes:

I'm sure that if you ordered a bottle of champagne then they would ice it up if you'd specified this.

And in some cases you do get champagne anyway.

I'm sure that if you ordered a bottle of champagne then they would ice it up if you'd specified this.

And in some cases you do get champagne anyway.

Very few case of that happening, even B2B you only get one bottle of PA now, if you order from Cunard it will be delivered once onboard.

My advice take it on with you, swop the PA for your own bottle and enjoy it,Cunard allow you to take it with you, you can but it on sailaway on deck , in october i think it was $7 a glass

Reading the posts prior to boarding the Queen for the first time I just kept on thinking how bad can this bubbly possibly be, and thought the posters were taking this to the extreme

I have to tell you they are right, it really is not worth "popping" open. I think one of my very favorite things once onboard is to relax with a glass of champage or wine, strawberries and just stand on our balcony and think about what is ahead. It only took me one voyage to learn, order the strawberries, carry on a champage or wine that I like.... You then wont be disappointed. By the way, I think this was the only disappointment I had on the entire trip, so dont let the horrible bottle on your table tarnish what is to come.

Why change a lovely tradition???

Using the same Cunard link Michael provided, my dear friend ensured I found a bottle of real French Champagne as I entered my cabin, as well as a box of dark chocolates. The Pol Acker was quickly removed from the ice bucket and replaced with the real thing, and in no time at all I was sailing away in the manner to which he has accustomed me...

No reason to carry anything along, really...

So what happens to all the bottles of swill that nobody (supposedly) drinks - recyled for the next cruise? :eek: Or do you take it home and punish someone else with a 'gift off the QM2'?

For some reason, the cabin staff seems most appreciative...

Mary

I had a severe cold last year & my cabin steward told me to drink the "wine" I was cure by morning, I drank it as medicine all night!:eek: it worked.

It has been brought to the dinner table and shared, one bottle for 8 people.

Archived