Carnival Legend!

SJChaput

What does everyone think about this ship. I have never been cruising and this is my first.

I hear the Spirit class is nice and is leading in the poll here... What are people's opinions of the Legend specifically.

I wanna hear some stuff to pump me up and get me through the four months until my cruise!

You probably need to do a search. I've seen quite a few comparisons on here and there was a post where you can do a virtual tour of the Legend. I'm sure someone can place it on here. Most of the reasons are for the great itinenary.

I booked the Legend for the second time, I was on the legend out of NY a couple of years ago, and I have it booked again for July 09. We loved the ship, I love carnival, I have cruised Norweign and Princess, don't get me wrong, they were great, but there was just something about carnival. You will have a great time no matter what ship you are on. Have fun. Joann

Here is a link so you can look at some pictures. This should get your excitement going. I booked the Legend after looking at these pictures and some reviews. I'm going in September.

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalLegend-Tour-1.html

Look at reviews here. Just scroll down a bit and you will see the member reviews.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=253

I loved the Legend.

My favorite spots

*Sitting area near the upper level entrance to the dining room. It was a nice place to listen to piano music before going in to dinner, people watch.

*Standing at the window where you can look down the side of the ship while inside the Lido buffet.

*Looking up at the glass staircase going to the supper club and looking down through the stairs (though it really takes some courage when afraid of heights, like I am).

*The water feature.

Love everything about the Legend! Have sailed on her twice and I would book her again in a heartbeat.

Great layout, great staff, great food and LOTS of urns! :p

Have you joined the Roll Call for your sailing? That is the best way to pass the time before your cruise and make some new friends too!

Happy sailing!:)

I just got off last week and thoroughly enjoyed the ship, the staff and the service. It was kept spotlessly clean [there are a few signs of age here and there, but very minimal]. The maitre'd is very funny and leads the nightly dining room entertainment. Pretty much everything about our cruise was wonderful.

The Legend is our favorite so far! Ship is great, staff consistently gets great reviews and the ports are very unique from each other. We'll be sailing her again in Oct and I can't wait!

Our favorite spot was the aft Lido deck (where the adult pool is), especially at nite. Rarely many people there at nite and was so nice to just sit out in the open air and relax (and the Unicorn bar is right there). Someone already beat me to the Beyondships link....great pics from all over the ship, along with general info.

I'm curious about the maitre d, too....wonder if it's the same one we had in 07....he used to tell us a "bedtime story" at dinner every nite....very entertaining! And I am hoping for a good entertainer in the piano bar this time...the last one was very dull. Piano bars can be great fun!

As was said earlier, go to the roll calls section and look for your sailing...fun to yak about the cruise before you go and meet them when you sail!

I booked the Legend for the second time, I was on the legend out of NY a couple of years ago, and I have it booked again for July 09. We loved the ship, I love carnival, I have cruised Norweign and Princess, don't get me wrong, they were great, but there was just something about carnival. You will have a great time no matter what ship you are on. Have fun. Joann
My Niece and I and my sister in law the girls are going for 1 week without the hubbys on July 12th, I hope its as nice as everyone says it is. I am so used to the big bad guys that I am not too sure about the smaller ships.

I loved Carnival when we went on the inspiration when she was when she was not refurbished and she was a gem. close to home got off from work one year, and left to home to pack was on the ship that am. Went out alone for 5 glorious days, came home so refreshed and sold several houses that week. Now I am doing nothing semi retired. I am working on a new book. Maybe I will write up on this ship.

I have done a great new book called the Cruise Ship Murders of a non fiction that actually from past experience happened to us. I hope I never have to go through that again.

Well If you all want to do a meet and mingle thing. let us know I love to meet others. My niece is 17 and its our fathers 90-th birthday the day before so we are going to party for the next few weeks before and after too.

Red:D

PS Our family is coming from NJ to see us locals and They will be down here maybe we can meet somplace on here?

We sailed the beautiful Legend last July on an exotic western caribbean cruise from Tampa to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, and Roatan Honduras. Check out my online scrapbook to see some photos!

http://www.carnivalconnections.com/cruisetalk/blogs/scrapblog/archive/2008/09/02/Carnival-Legend-2008-_2D00_-566525.aspx

What a great scarpbook, I really enjoyed it, I am sailing July 12th on the Legend, it will be our 2nd time, cant wait. Thanks for the pictures. Joann

We were on the Legend Nov 1st for our honeymoon and it was a wonderful time. Yusef is great and keep the dining room fun. I also loved loved afternoon tea.

The food was great, the entertainment was great and my room steward was awesome.

We meet some wonderful CC members and most enjoyed our time with them. The supper club was fantastic and well worth the splurge.

What is the water feature?

It's a low-walled fountain at the bottom of the staircase that goes from Deck 3 -Atlantic Deck - on the Hollywood Boulevard in front of The Holmes Library & Internet, The Chapel, and Billie's Piano Bar to Deck 2 - Promenade Deck - outside the entrance to Satchmo's Club. IIRC, the fountain only ran at night during our cruise.

This ship is LEGEND... Wait for it... ARY. (hopefully those who are 'How I Met Your Mother' fans will appreciate the joke. We used it both before and after to describe our anticipation and to tell people how it was) "The cruise is going to be LEGEND... wait for it... ARY." Some people got it others looked at us like we were nuts but being crazy cruise addicts we're used to a few weird glances.

Anyway, we live in Tampa and Channelside (@ the port) is one of my favorite spots. We see the Legend once a week and sailed her last summer. Its a great ship and crew and itinerary and you'll have a LEGEND... Wait for it... ARY TIME!!!

It's a low-walled fountain at the bottom of the staircase that goes from Deck 3 -Atlantic Deck - on the Hollywood Boulevard in front of The Holmes Library & Internet, The Chapel, and Billie's Piano Bar to Deck 2 - Promenade Deck - outside the entrance to Satchmo's Club. IIRC, the fountain only ran at night during our cruise.

Can someone show us a picture of that?

I will be on the Legend on July 12th for our second family cruise minus my brother and his family because they just had another baby. We were on the Miracle for our first family cruise and it was great!!! So this should be another great cruise on Carnival!!!! I will let you know how I liked this ship.

Archived