Air tickets through Travel Agent question

Waswo

Hello,

I have planned many vacations to Europe and the USA on my own--getting airplane tickets, etc. We've gone to various European countries (via air) about once every two years in the past 20 years and all has gone well.

My question is this: I used a Travel Agent (an Internet one) to book a trans-Atlantic cruise (our first) and asked her to get us one-way tickets home to the USA. This was four weeks ago. I prepaid 50% of the cost for the cruise and the airline tickets and the final 50% is due on April 30.

The flight home is mid-September.

I have an issue: she won't tell me when the return flight is. I expected to receive some sort of emailed airline ticket documentation or at least a schedule. I gave her a range of 3 days so I don't even know what date we are returning.

I called and asked her and she said that she could tell I was anxious because I am a "Virgo" (sign of the zodiac) and that she's busy helping people who have travel plans for April, May, June, etc.

How do I proceed? They are a member of CLIA but have been in business for only 8 months. I don't want to give her more money unless I have some sort of firm airline reservation numbers, dates, flight numbers, etc.

Am I just being the persnickety Virgo? I also had to call her to get our Cruise Booking number and then again to establish a dinner seating.

So my question is: when I pay 100% for the cruise and the air flight home, what can I expect to have from this Travel Agency? Is it too late to just tell her that I'd like to book the flight on my own? What kind of documentation is reasonable to have? I know that if I went to Orbitz or Travelocity or other sites that I would get a firm verification of a flight.

Thank you in advance for any answers--and I don't believe that my sign of the zodiac is pertinent.

I can't imagine why you are not booking your own flight to begin with. Call and tell her to forget it and book what you want yourself. They are not saving you anything and may put you on something awful. If they are booking cruise air it is usually the worst flights the airline has that they can't sell any other way.

Also I personally would be offended by comments about my astrological sign or any other "observation" of a personal nature. I can understand that she needs to service customers leaving sooner than you but that is NO excuse.

Please copy and post this question on the "Cruise Air" board. You will get the benefit of responses from very experienced fliers who understand exactly what cruise air entails and full explanations of the risks of cruise air. MOST of the time you are best to book your own air, for reasons you probably don't even know exist.

Archived