Jambel's Jerk Pit

crewsweeper

I've heard from foodies who have traveled to Belize City that Jambel's Jerk Pit on King Street has good jerk chicken and other Caribbean dishes. Have any cruisers ever been there? Where is it in relation to the tender dock? What's your impression of the food compared to say Jamaican jerk joints? Better as a take away or sit down? Service slow or prompt, i.e. can you swing by quickly after an excursion before heading back to the ship?

• 2 years later...
I've heard from foodies who have traveled to Belize City that Jambel's Jerk Pit on King Street has good jerk chicken and other Caribbean dishes. Have any cruisers ever been there? Where is it in relation to the tender dock? What's your impression of the food compared to say Jamaican jerk joints? Better as a take away or sit down? Service slow or prompt, i.e. can you swing by quickly after an excursion before heading back to the ship?

Crewsweeper,,,

A couple of years ago you led us to Fernando over in Costa Maya. I would have to say that was one of our funnest stops. So my question is, do you know a place like Fernando's in Belize?

Thanks for all your help. Jeff

Crewsweeper,,,

A couple of years ago you led us to Fernando over in Costa Maya. I would have to say that was one of our funnest stops. So my question is, do you know a place like Fernando's in Belize?

Thanks for all your help. Jeff

Wow! Talk about dredging up an oldie!:D We ususally do excursions in Belize and thus hit the Wet Lizard at the Tourist Village for cold Belikin and conch fritters before heading back on the tender. However, for really good Belizean food try Nerie's over on Queen and Daly, a short stroll from the Toursit Village. http://www.neries.bz/

Oh and BTW, Jambel's owner died and the place burned down back on 2009. Supposedly the family opened another place in another city in Belize. But never ventured to look for it.

Dont know the history. But they have been in san pedro for the past 5 years. Current location is just across the roar from Tropic.

Out near the airport? Maybe that's what the guy was telling me. You ever eat there? Was it any good?

Out near the airport? Maybe that's what the guy was telling me. You ever eat there? Was it any good?

Directly across the road from Tropic air in San Pedro. I have ate there. Very Good. A bit over my budget. So I have not been back. I can eat out for three local lunches for the price of one. But still very good. I do know the guy that owns or runs it is from Jamaica.

Archived