Cost of Water?

SraLiz

$5 or so for a liter. Yes, you can bring your own water and soda on. With their own water processing plants, the water that comes from the dispensers on the Lido deck tastes great.

If you insist on drinking bottled water, I'd bring enough to last until your first port day and buy more each time you get to port.

Bottled water is pretty much all I drink on a cruise. I want to say it was $2.13 on the Valor but I could be mistaken. Whatever it is I have always thought it was a fair price. They also sell Vitamin Water at the coffee shop (and maybe other places). I believe it is a doller more.

I suggest you go and find a metal, double lined, canteen for water and just keep filling that with water. The water on the ship is the best. Pure, clean, and free of the stuff that makes me gag when drinking city water.

I haven't heard of anyone having adverse reactions to the water, but unless you can't drink anything except most bottled water, which is usually just distilled tap water from municipal sources, then bring water with you.

Thanks all!

I am looking just to take into ports with us. We don't have issues with drinking from a fountain, but I know I want to take water into the ports as with three kids, someone is always thirsty!

We took bottled water on the Valor, but we did have to put it in a checked bag (if you want to give it to the porter.) They didn't allow us to just put a luggage tag on it. So just bring an extra bag to put your drinks in if you want to check them. Or stuff them in your suitcase. I think we took a little fold up bag with a zipper, so it didn't take up a lot of room.

What we did on our last cruise worked out real well. we just packed a empty duffle bag in our suit case. Once we got to the port city we stopped and bought a case of bottle water and then put the bottles in the duffle bag and checked it in at the port. Worked great for us.

The liter bottles are a rippoff... and be weary of the padded "Carnival" water bottle holders that they try and pawn to you as you leave the ship in port. They are another $6.00, and they don't tell you that you can just buy the bottle without the holder.

Also, don't leave empty bottles in your room, they will be thrown away when they clean and turn down. We found that out the hard way, and lost 4 liter bottles that we were going to fill at the fountains.

Archived