what staterooms are available

eceteacher

Carnival (and all the other sites) show . the first 8 (or 10?) cabins available in each Category (4A, 4B, ..8A...etc). If they show less than that, there probably aren't any more cabins available in that Category, if they show that maximum 8 (or 10?) then you don't know how many more cabins are available in that category or which ones. None of the sites show ALL the cabins available in a Category. ken

Carnival (and all the other sites) show . the first 8 (or 10?) cabins available in each Category (4A, 4B, ..8A...etc). If they show less than that, there probably aren't any more cabins available in that Category, if they show that maximum 8 (or 10?) then you don't know how many more cabins are available in that category or which ones. None of the sites show ALL the cabins available in a Category. ken

Most online booking sites show ALL available cabins on their maps, Carnival only shows a few.

None of the sites show ALL the cabins available in a Category. ken

Sorry to differ, but most of the online booking sites show ALL the cabins available. I check a certain site each and every time I book to see what cabins are still available.

OP I cannot tell you the specific site on these boards, but if you want to see the cabins start with the more well known sites :)

Sorry to differ, but most of the online booking sites show ALL the cabins available. I check a certain site each and every time I book to see what cabins are still available.

OP I cannot tell you the specific site on these boards, but if you want to see the cabins start with the more well known sites :)

Not all websites will show all available staterooms in "Real Time"....in fact several websites are not accurate at all if comparing with a call to the cruiselines direct.

I think the online agencies are only showing the cabins THEY have available to sell.

I use an online agency that is a conglomerate of MANY agencies. When I request a rate, some of the agencies that respond, indicate that category is SOLD OUT when others have that category AVAILABLE. :rolleyes:

Some of the more popular travel sites PURCHASE huge blocks of cabins and have cabins available even when Carnival doesn't sometimes. I've had a PVP say last minute "sold out" and still get quotes from online agencies for that cabin category at the same time.

I continue to (respectfully, of course! disagree with zqvol & Ashleezmom!

Check your favorite site for a Carnival cruise way out in 2010 and 2011 and you will NEVER see more than 10 cabins listed in any category, even though out that far you can be assured that there are many more than 10 cabins in those categories.

Out of curiosity I checked the Carnival Freedom, October 17, 2010 Cruise on the Carnival site and 5 of the large on-line sites [including 3 CruiseCritic approved sites] for Category 4A, 6B and 8B cabin availability; ALL showed exactly 10 cabins (the max displayable number) and ALL showed exactly the same cabins.

ken

No website (including Carnival) can display all available cabins. They can only show the availability of the cabins Carnival has allotted to them.

Actually, that's not true either - they both display the same cabins as they share the same database.

ken

Yes the OP is probably very confused. I did assume OP was looking to see the status of his June 2009 cruise...but yes i agree, if they are looking for a date a year from now, you will only see those 10 cabins they want you to see.

I am confused as well. It used to be that you were able to see all available staterooms with the online sites. Now the online site I have used in the past simply shows 8 - 10 cabins per category, same exact cabins as the Carnival website. And these have been the same cabins numbers for months now. Yet when I called Carnival today, she offered a number of other cabins not showing up on the Carnival website. :confused: I was able to get better deal with Carnival and have booked directly through them this time using their 800 number. They are so cooperative and pleasant, even though I had her look at a number of different options for the two cabins. I would rather give Carnival the break (not having to give up a percentage to an outside travel agency) and helping their bottom line. We love Carnival and definitely would like to see them be around for many many years to come!!

Well everyone is correct in that I am confused. I did book through Carnival and they have been more than cooperative. It is just that I have two rooms booked and wondering if I take advantage of a price reduction and get my room moved if I will be anywhere near the other. The senior rate is a savings but it is not where I choose my room, they choose it.

I am a newbie and do appreciate all the answers I have found on CC. I must say I am quite addicted to reading it!

Well everyone is correct in that I am confused. I did book through Carnival and they have been more than cooperative. It is just that I have two rooms booked and wondering if I take advantage of a price reduction and get my room moved if I will be anywhere near the other. The senior rate is a savings but it is not where I choose my room, they choose it.

I am a newbie and do appreciate all the answers I have found on CC. I must say I am quite addicted to reading it!

Just out of curiosity:

Are you saying that you did a Guarantee (FunSaver) Booking (which means that Carnival Assigns your Cabins) at the Senior Rate?

Did you Book an Inside (IS) Guarantee? a Oceanview Guarantee (OV)? A Balcony Guarantee?

And Carnival has assigned your cabins already? What Category Cabin did you get assigned?

The reason I ask these questions is that if you booked a Guarantee Cabin and have been assigned a Cabin, the rules for getting a price drop may be more difficult than you expect. If you can provide some specifics, we can explain.

thanks, Ken

We just booked yesterday on the Freedom in Oct. Balcony room Lido deck and Carnivals web showed about 14 rooms. Looked at Continental web also and it showed room available. We started out on upper deck but our friends that did the booking explained her DH has bad knees and I'm a past guest so our PVP put us on the Lido. A big thank you to her. Terry

Archived