On-Board Cruise Credit Mystery

Boatsie

Where in the cruise personalizer do they show on-board cruise credits?

My cruise ticket is showing a line item which reads "On-board Credit 25.00 USD." This "credit" is news to me since I'm unaware of any special that was offered when I booked. Maybe my on-line TA put it on there and didn't tell me or the price of the cruise went down? (Which it doesn't appear it did--as a matter of fact it nearly doubled!)

Any input on where to look on the website where it would show this credit or to solve this mystery is appreciated.

I'm not complaining--I'm just curious. :)

You could be booked into group space that your travel agency has and one of the groups' amenities is $25 shipboard credit. Or periodically, Princess will offer shipboard credit on certain sailings and everyone who books that sailing gets shipboard credit. Enjoy!

Shipboard credit doesn't show up on the Personalizer unless it is from Princess. If it is a credit from your TA it will only show on your ticket. To verify, you can stop by the purser's desk when you embark. Like Coral said, "enjoy!".

Shipboard credit doesn't show up on the Personalizer unless it is from Princess. If it is a credit from your TA it will only show on your ticket. To verify, you can stop by the purser's desk when you embark. Like Coral said, "enjoy!".

Cabin credits from both Princess and my TA are showing on the Personalizer. It shows as one total and doesn't give individual amounts.

My cruise ticket is showing a line item which reads "On-board Credit 25.00 USD." This "credit" is news to me since I'm unaware of any special that was offered when I booked. Maybe my on-line TA put it on there and didn't tell me or the price of the cruise went down? (Which it doesn't appear it did--as a matter of fact it nearly doubled!)

Any input on where to look on the website where it would show this credit or to solve this mystery is appreciated.

When you go to princess.com look up in the right hand corner where it says sign in and circle savings. Then you enter your e-mail and password(this is if you have already signed up for captains circle online.). It is a separate area than the personalizer. In the circle savings folder you click on the folder you want to view, there is also a printable view, which I printed out so I have proof of credits and when they expire incase they mess up my account again.

Our onboard credit appears under "Circle Center", not the "Personalizer". Try signing into Circle Center, then select "Circle Savings". It may be there.

Thank you all for the replies in sorting out this mystery.

I tried the "Circle Savings" area, but it says that once I begin cruising information should show up there (this is my first Princess cruise).

I'll make it a point to swing by the Purser's desk to confirm it. If it's true, I guess I'll just have to clear that account by downing 5 martini's at Crooners--another mystery solved!:D

The only shipboard credits that have ever shown on our PP are the ones from the cruise line (mainly our future booking credits). The PP has never shown the credit we receive from out travel agent. :confused:

I'm sure hoping that you're correct as this would give us an additional $150.00 than what is showing on the circle savings account! Right now it has a total of $350.00 and I assume that $200.00 is the future booking credit and $150.00 from my TA. Yippeeee more cabin credits for me:D

Thank you all for the replies in sorting out this mystery.

I tried the "Circle Savings" area, but it says that once I begin cruising information should show up there (this is my first Princess cruise).

You needn't be a repeat cruiser for credits to show under Circle Savings. We've not cruised with Princess, either. Yours must be a mystery credit. Just be sure there's a voucher for the credit in your final documents. If it isn't there, call your TA for some written documentation.

I have seen our shipboard credits show up on our documents before, but we have never received a voucher for cruise credits from Princess.

Is this something new in the last couple of months?

Sorry for the "voucher" reference. I'm acustomed to Holland America. They include a separate "coupon" (aka voucher) in the final documents booklet.

Doesn't Princess provide some sort of written documentation of on board credits? How can you resolve a dispute on board the ship without?

No problems or apology needed! :)

We have sailed on HAL before but never received a cruise credit, so I wasn't sure just what you were referring to, thought something might have changed in the last two months. :)

Princess prints your shipboard credit right on your cruise ticket so that you will know the minute you receive them if there is a problem or if it is correct. Never had a problem with the wrong amount, it has always been correct on ours. :)

Archived