Anyone fancy the round Britain cruise?

LibraLass41

I quite fancy this cruise, its a nice time of year for a British holiday, although if I did this cruise I would have a inside or outside cabin - not much point risking a balcony for the extra it costs!!tongue.gif

Edinburgh

Invergordon ?

Kirkwall - Orkney Islands- interesting...

Belfast - N Ireland

Glasgow

Dublin

Cork

St Peter Port

I would like to see Scotland - its sad that so far I have never been, I 've never been, to N Ireland and Orkney Islands either, although have been to Dublin, Cork and St Peter Port...

Oriana doing this cruise in July and Artemis doing one slightly different with a day and night in Dublin , Newcastle ! Shetland Islands and the Outer Hebrides in August.

Nice article in the Observer about the success of Round Britain Cruises. P/O report the Atemis sold out in 36 minutes for this years Cruise, and next year Artemis will be joined by Oriana for further Round Britain Cruises. This is good news for people wanting to see as much of Britain as possible while on holiday, as well as boosting the economy for the cities and ports on the Cruise.

I can't see the point of it when you can drive or go to wherever by coach and get more out of each destination in a few short breaks.

I agree with you about the balcony cabin though Sue BRRRR!!!

Berwyn

Thats fine if you live in the middle of the country but if your way down south a two day drive to say Edinburgh 1 or 2 day stay and two day drive back isn't much of a holiday, the round britain cruise like the med gives you an opportunity to have a taster of an area and decide if you want a longer stay later, classic example for us was Dublin, no thanks Belfast loved. Galsgow again not for me but Ediburgh yes please. Perhaps I have a different view to cruising but part of it is being able to have a taster of a city or area and then decide whether or not I want to return, cheaper in the long run and no trundling up and down motorways, give me the sea any day even if it's rough and means a trip to the medic for a jab, occupational hazard of cruising for me but will I give it up - No way!

Yes Orkneys, Scotland, Northern Ireland are a long way from us in Bristol and as I mentioned have never been. Takes all day to get to Edinburgh from here! a good chance to see all the above places + Dublin and Wales(loved Dublin - got the tour bus round the city saw guinness brewery etc, great shopping too)

Why didn't you like Dublin? I really enjoy going there?

It just came over as dirty and very very busy. Perhaps we were just unlucky that day. I think sometimes places just don't bite. Same with the Med, we love Barcelona, Palma, Rome, wouldn't give you tuppence for Florence, Malaga.

Hi

I did do a reply toyour post Briden but CC froze up as I hit submit.

We live in the middle and our neighbours went with the PandO coach service to Southampton and it took 8 hours.

In half that time we could be over in Ireland, Scotland, and North or Central England. Or fly out to the Med.

It woud be nice like Sue says though to see the Orkneys and Hebridies.

It would be nice though to be able to leave locally. Say from Liverpool. Everywhere is quite a distance to depart from for a cruise just for the UK

Berwyn

Hi

I did do a reply toyour post Briden but CC froze up as I hit submit.

We live in the middle and our neighbours went with the PandO coach service to Southampton and it took 8 hours.

In half that time we could be over in Ireland, Scotland, and North or Central England. Or fly out to the Med.

It woud be nice like Sue says though to see the Orkneys and Hebridies.

It would be nice though to be able to leave locally. Say from Liverpool. Everywhere is quite a distance to depart from for a cruise just for the UK

Berwyn

Have a look at the Fred Olsen cruises they leave from various parts of the country not just dover and southampton.

Thanks,

I did, but they seemed a bit too "posh ". That's why we were looking at Oceana and Ventura

We never found the ships or people 'posh'. They have no more formal nights than P&O, but everyone did adhere to the dress code, ie minimum lounge suits for men and smart cocktail dresses/evening wear for women, as they did not do the opt out buffet area. I personally am starting to find it frustrating that on formal nights people have the option of opting out and eating casual in the buffet area. Why go on a ship that has formal nights if you don't want them. There is nothing more annoying that sitting in a bar, lounge or theatre in an evening dress or for hubby a dinner suit and be sitting next to someone in jeans and 'T' shirt. Lets have full formal on those nights or just have casual for the whole cruise.

Archived